The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

University of Wolverhampton - Foundation Year :/

Hi TRS,

I'm currently studying a foundation year (paramedic science with a foundation year) at the University of Wolverhampton and it's just been so messy and hectic. The lecturers have no idea as to what they're doing most the time and it's just so inconsistent.

I was wondering if its possible/if anyone has transferred after completing a foundation year to a university for the three-year course?
I'd say run and escape while you still can because if that's what the foundation year is like then the actual course is probs a mess
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Have you tried speaking to your student union perhaps or students from the three year pathway? If the lecturers for the actual course are great then you should just keep your head down and try your best to pass the foundation year and then move onto the actual degree
If that's the impression your getting then I'd defintely advise you to move mate
If your local to the Midlands, have you thought about taking the degree app. route? WMAS offer it and you should be able to get a place easily considering you meet the conditions
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I'd say run and escape while you still can because if that's what the foundation year is like then the actual course is probs a mess

I'm just hoping that universities will be okay with me transferring
Reply 6
If your local to the Midlands, have you thought about taking the degree app. route? WMAS offer it and you should be able to get a place easily considering you meet the conditions

No I haven't. How would I go about that?
Reply 7
Original post by TheBrightSavage
Have you tried speaking to your student union perhaps or students from the three year pathway? If the lecturers for the actual course are great then you should just keep your head down and try your best to pass the foundation year and then move onto the actual degree

I haven't and I don't even know who lecturers are for the actual course.
Reply 8
If that's the impression your getting then I'd defintely advise you to move mate

I'm thinking it through...
No I haven't. How would I go about that?

Try emailing them: [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending