The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from a level exams

Hello, im in the 2nd year of a levels (bio, chem, psychology) and have exams in 3 weeks. I applied for dentistry and got rejected from all the dentistry unis due to a low prediction. I have not been consistent with revision and feel that I can’t get 3As so i would like to ask if withdrawing from these exams and take them the next year as a private candidate is a good idea. As i can get my predicted grades from a private tutor and i could spend all that time revising. Also i have told my parents about this and they are insisting that i do exams this year as they think i can “catch up” in 3 weeks. What do you guys think about my idea to take exams next year? Ands what can i do to convince my parents?
I think you should do your exams. Just work dead hard on them and don't try to give yourself excuses like "I'll do them next year". In a year's time, you'll say the same thing, probably... Discuss it with your teachers. Clearing is always an option.
Reply 2
The way im seeing it is that i have to apply next year so id rather do them in a years time also i have my UCAT to do which will keep me busy so im not tempted to sit around and do nothing also im normally a motivated person but when i got my rejections i just lost motivation and stopped revising. Also i think it would be very very difficult to cover all topics and do pastpapers as we still haven’t finished content for chem and bio
Reply 3
Assuming you are a student in England, completing the practical endorsements for 2 science A levels next year would be very expensive
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Assuming you are a student in England, completing the practical endorsements for 2 science A levels next year would be very expensive

what were your predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest