The Student Room Group

Exam centre not withdrawing me from my a levels

So im trying to withdraw from an A Level with a centre but they have told me a week later saying they are unable to cancel at this stage. This is obviously a lie because I have even messaged the examboard Edexcel and they have told me the centre is able to do this. But I've been trying to chase this up with the centre and they aren't replying at all, not picking up the phone and avoided several emails for nearly 3 weeks.

I have no clue what to do next and there is a withdrawal deadline that I'm afraid I might miss. Edexcel told me the withdrawal can only be made on the centre side too so they can't help.

Any help or ideas?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
First, document your attempts to withdraw, making sure to keep all conversations you have with the centre on paper (otherwise it's their word against yours). Second, contact the centre again and keep the evidence; threaten to sue during the conversation if nothing can be done, making sure to tell them Edexcel have said it is possible for you (centre) to withdraw me. Then contact the exam board again. If all else fails, seek legal advice and consult an education lawyer, if necessary (and if you have the time).

Quick Reply

Latest