The Student Room Group

I'm not currently doing one of the courses in my conditional offer.

If I'm not taking a course in my conditional offer. Then what? I understand it's probably just no, but I have some hope.
Original post by nat5gamersupreme
If I'm not taking a course in my conditional offer. Then what? I understand it's probably just no, but I have some hope.

How did that happen? You applied, providing details of the courses you were taking. Then dropped one (why?), only to find out that it's in your conditional offer?

How long ago did you drop the course? Can you pick it up again? Would you still be able to meet the grade requirement?

If you don't, you won't meet the conditions of your offer. Is this for an undergraduate degree? Do you also have an insurance offer?
I was never taking the course, I gave them a list of the courses I was taking. They gave me back an offer that contained some of them but had one that I never said I was taking.

Original post by DataVenia
How did that happen? You applied, providing details of the courses you were taking. Then dropped one (why?), only to find out that it's in your conditional offer?

How long ago did you drop the course? Can you pick it up again? Would you still be able to meet the grade requirement?

If you don't, you won't meet the conditions of your offer. Is this for an undergraduate degree? Do you also have an insurance offer?
I was never taking the course, I gave them a list of the courses I was taking. They gave me back an offer that contained some of them but had one that I never said I was taking.

Then they've made a mistake. You need to contact them and point this out, providing the list of courses you're actually taking. (If you originally provided the list as an email then attach that same email, so they know you're not providing a different list this time and that it's definitely their mistake.)

BTW, you write that they "gave me back an offer that contained some of them". Did their offer definitely say you need to have done all of the listed courses? Of was it possibly "at least three of the following", or something like that?
They definitely said 'Achieve Y, X and a X or X related subject.'

With Y being the missing subject.

I've emailed the teacher who was supposed to have approved the application and I'll come back with an update soon.

Then they've made a mistake. You need to contact them and point this out, providing the list of courses you're actually taking. (If you originally provided the list as an email then attach that same email, so they know you're not providing a different list this time and that it's definitely their mistake.)

BTW, you write that they "gave me back an offer that contained some of them". Did their offer definitely say you need to have done all of the listed courses? Of was it possibly "at least three of the following", or something like that?
Reply 5

PHONE the Uni first thing tomorrow - this is the only way you will sort this out.
Update 040523

The guidance teacher who was supposed to have reviewed the application has finally begrudgingly contacted the university, and now I'm waiting for a reply. Will post another update then.

Update 040523

The guidance teacher who was supposed to have reviewed the application has finally begrudgingly contacted the university, and now I'm waiting for a reply. Will post another update then.

universities can take days/weeks replying to emails. PHONE them as already advised not waiting for your teacher.
I will phone them tomorrow. :smile:
Original post by swanseajack1
universities can take days/weeks replying to emails. PHONE them as already advised not waiting for your teacher.
Sorry for the late reply, have been doing lots of revision, I've received a reply from the university and they've given me a small entrance exam type thing in place of the missing subject.

I have been very lucky.
Sorry for the late reply, have been doing lots of revision, I've received a reply from the university and they've given me a small entrance exam type thing in place of the missing subject.

I have been very lucky.

Lucky indeed! Thanks for the update.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending