The Student Room Group

KCL Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by choco1234
hi,
do i have a chance with a 2700 ucat band 1 and AAA predicted and 9999888877or gcses?

hey i don't want to scare you or anything but i applied to kcl last year with 2700 ucat band 3 predicted A*A*A and all 9's and 8's gcses but i still didn't get an interview. the lowest ucat score that seemed to get an interview on last year's thread was 2730 and the competition increases every year. just something to think about. good luck!
i also wanted to get your guys' thoughts on whether it would be worth it to apply to king's.
i got ucat: 2740 band 2
grades: A*AA
gcse's: nine 9's and three 8's

the thing i'm worried about is my ucat score ;(
Reply 42
Hey,

I have 2790 B2 as my UCAT, GCSE 10 x 9s and 1 x 8 , A*A*A* Predicted ( non-contextual) . Is KCL too risky to get an interview? Any advise pls ..
Original post by CarrotFluff
hey i don't want to scare you or anything but i applied to kcl last year with 2700 ucat band 3 predicted A*A*A and all 9's and 8's gcses but i still didn't get an interview. the lowest ucat score that seemed to get an interview on last year's thread was 2730 and the competition increases every year. just something to think about. good luck!

Were you contextual ?
Reply 44
Original post by CarrotFluff

Hi, thanks for your input. Were you contextual as I am and also I think the band 1 gives me a little bit more points than you since they score sjt :smile:
Reply 45
Does anyone know what the points cut off was for KCL last year? Thanks
Original post by choco1234
Hi, thanks for your input. Were you contextual as I am and also I think the band 1 gives me a little bit more points than you since they score sjt :smile:

Ahh I wasn't a contextual. Yes that must give you a better chance than me for sure👍
Hey I got 2640 band 1 and I have 8 9’s 2 8’s and a 6 (in French) at gcse. I am predicted 4 A* and not sure where to apply. So far I’m apply Leeds Liverpool and Cardiff but I can’t decide whether to apply kcl Birmingham or Sheffield. All of them are pretty risky with kcl being the least due to there lowest Ucat of around 2300. Any recommendations?
(edited 6 months ago)
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162
And post your own application journey?
Hi guys, id appreciate it if you could lmk if i can possibly receive interviews for the following dentistry universities : KCL, QMUL, Manchester and Liverpool and an interview for my fifth option which is KCL Pharmacy. I have achieved a levels of A*AA, gcses which are 99999987776 and ucat is 2720 band 1, no contextual. Also what other universities would you recommend for these results? thanks
Reply 50
Original post by Ahmetask38
Hi guys, id appreciate it if you could lmk if i can possibly receive interviews for the following dentistry universities : KCL, QMUL, Manchester and Liverpool and an interview for my fifth option which is KCL Pharmacy. I have achieved a levels of A*AA, gcses which are 99999987776 and ucat is 2720 band 1, no contextual. Also what other universities would you recommend for these results? thanks

Id avoid Manchester could be very risky, could try Leeds or Sheffield instead
Reply 51

I’d avoid kcal and maybe even amulet, kcal because you don’t even have max gcses
Original post by hadi_
I’d avoid kcal and maybe even amulet, kcal because you don’t even have max gcses

Whats amulet bro 😂
Whats amulet bro 😂

They probably mean QMUL😭
Original post by ManUtd_21
They probably mean QMUL😭

why should i avoid it tho
Original post by hadi_

u dont need max gcses tho
guys do you know when kcl roughly send interviews this year
Interviews start from December to March
Do I stand a chance of getting an interview with 2730 band 3 A*AA predicted and 99888888777 in GCSEs?
Reply 59
Original post by Nightshäde
Do I stand a chance of getting an interview with 2730 band 3 A*AA predicted and 99888888777 in GCSEs?

Probably not due to GCSE’s and UCAT unfortunately

Quick Reply

Latest