The Student Room Group

EPQ advice

any interesting dental topics anyone can think of, something really engaging? something to write 5000 words on?
Hi, I recently completed my EPQ project and did quite well, my topic was electric cars, and there introduction in society. I assume by your choice of topic you want to study dentistry which is fantastic as I believe universities like topics relating to your chosen course. You could maybe talk about something relating to the legality of certain dental procedures or the ethics involved in dentistry, for instance I believe that certain cosmetic procedures are illegal or unavailable in the UK, such as I the process in which people teeth are reshaped (I think this procedure is available in Turkey) you could also maybe talk about the price of private dentistry and the long waiting times on the NHS. You could also discuss any new technology or practises relating to dentistry, (I don’t really know much about dentistry as I’m studying law this upcoming year, hopefully!) If you need any help with structuring your EPQ please feel free to ask as I’ve just completed mine. Best of Luck!
Reply 2
Original post by KingintheNorth31
Hi, I recently completed my EPQ project and did quite well, my topic was electric cars, and there introduction in society. I assume by your choice of topic you want to study dentistry which is fantastic as I believe universities like topics relating to your chosen course. You could maybe talk about something relating to the legality of certain dental procedures or the ethics involved in dentistry, for instance I believe that certain cosmetic procedures are illegal or unavailable in the UK, such as I the process in which people teeth are reshaped (I think this procedure is available in Turkey) you could also maybe talk about the price of private dentistry and the long waiting times on the NHS. You could also discuss any new technology or practises relating to dentistry, (I don’t really know much about dentistry as I’m studying law this upcoming year, hopefully!) If you need any help with structuring your EPQ please feel free to ask as I’ve just completed mine. Best of Luck!

thanks a lot, diving into the dental technology advancement seems quite interesting and is something that i look to explore, also i was maybe considering if artificial intelligence will take over dentistry in the future, is it possible? how would you rate this title on how specific it is.
Original post by Raheem_w
thanks a lot, diving into the dental technology advancement seems quite interesting and is something that i look to explore, also i was maybe considering if artificial intelligence will take over dentistry in the future, is it possible? how would you rate this title on how specific it is.

Hi, sorry I’ve taken so long to reply I’m taking my first A-level in 2 weeks! So I’ve been revising constantly, The idea regarding dental technology and AI is a good one, for the title, I would recommend trying to come up with something witty that links with your topic, my title was “who should spark our electric automotive future? and should it be sparked at all?” This adds a little bit of creativity to your project and can probably score you an additional mark. Factoring in AI also adds an ethical spin on your argument which also adds marks to your final result.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending