The Student Room Group

Student Visa Question

Hello everyone, i have a question in regards to the student visa application specifically in the immigration section where it asks what permission do you have to be in " a European country"?. The 3 options they provide are,
1 Temporary Visa
2 Permanent Residence
3 I don’t have a visa or permanent residence.

I am an Indian with an European residence permit that expires next year. So bascially this is a permit that is renewed yearly. A typical non-EU person living in Europe would usually have this before gaining the permanent resisdence. So in this case, do i just choose the 3rd option and mention i have that permit or is there something i am missing?

Thanks for your input
Reply 1
1. Because you only have a temporary visa / right to live in the UK
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply.

I think you misunderstood me. I live currently in Germany and hold the German residence permit. I am applying for a UK Student Visa. In one of the sections there is a question which says, " what permission do you have to be in Germany?".

In that case, do you still think it is the first option?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Mech__Eng
I live currently in Germany and hold the German residence permit. I am applying for a UK Student Visa. In one of the sections there is a question which says, " what permission do you have to be in Germany?".

In that case, do you still think it is the first option?

Yes.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Yes.

Thanks for your input.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending