The Student Room Group

Pre-settled status and maintenance loan.

Hi,

I would like to find out whether my friend who is a worker from an EU country and currently has pre-settled status would qualify for a maintenance loan alongside her tuition fees. She will have been in the UK for 3 years a month after starting her course this September. She would apply for settled status halfway through her studies. Any advice would be invaluable as I cannot find a definite answer online. Thank you for your time,

Kind regards,

Paulina
Original post by Paulina1990
Hi,

I would like to find out whether my friend who is a worker from an EU country and currently has pre-settled status would qualify for a maintenance loan alongside her tuition fees. She will have been in the UK for 3 years a month after starting her course this September. She would apply for settled status halfway through her studies. Any advice would be invaluable as I cannot find a definite answer online. Thank you for your time,

Kind regards,

Paulina

I'm not sure about that but I'm from France moved about 5 years ago and the UKVI changed my pre settled to settled after staying for 4 years even thought it said that you need to wait 5 years before applying , my sister who is 2 years younger got her about 6 months after me but noone else got it done like that i had to manually apply seprately and I managed to apply for both but I haven't heard anything yet back from them ill keep you updated
Reply 2
Original post by Radiustastique1
I'm not sure about that but I'm from France moved about 5 years ago and the UKVI changed my pre settled to settled after staying for 4 years even thought it said that you need to wait 5 years before applying , my sister who is 2 years younger got her about 6 months after me but noone else got it done like that i had to manually apply seprately and I managed to apply for both but I haven't heard anything yet back from them ill keep you updated

Thank you so much for the reply. Wishing you all the best in your academic journey.
Original post by Radiustastique1
Heyy, do you have any updates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending