The Student Room Group

Data Science - What path to take

Hello,

I am wanting to study a masters in data science, I had offers from Sheffield and Durham and I accepted the offer from Durham a few months ago however I am now fearing i made a big mistake. With some more research Sheffield appears to be the better option but I reached out they cannot offer me another place.

For background I have a bachelors in computer science and got a first, this was in 2022 as I took a gap year to do some personal projects and general work experience (not industry related) because I needed a break and assess what I wanted to do.

My question is should I apply for other universities and hope they still have spaces, go to Durham, or attempt to get a relevant industry job and return to study a masters next year.

I am not really sure what I qualify for because my studies were heavily impacted by covid and I feel like I am lacking a lot of required/expected skills that are needed for an industry job, but I also fear that a masters wont help much on that front. Then I am also aware its very late into the university application cycle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending