The Student Room Group

A levels: Maths, Economics and Physics

Hi! I'm having a challenging time deciding what to take for A levels. I enjoy economics so I was thinking about going in that direction as well as data science because I have heard people say it goes really well with economics. So my preferred subjects are maths and economics, however I am not sure what to add to it. I was thinking physics is a good option. Would love to get some advice and feedback :smile:
Reply 1
Physics is a hard A level - if you want to get an A* in it you'll have to most likely teach yourself the content and spend hours doing practise questions. That being said, if you really like physics and want to leave yourself open to potentially do some form of physics / engineering at uni I'd do it.

Maths is a relatively straight forward pick, it should be easier get an A* in than physics and there are loads of good resources out there to help you.

I can't speak to econ (I don't take it) but from what I've seen of people doing it, it isn't impossible.

If Data Science is your chosen path, check some uni courses just to make sure that they don't require any subject you're not doing. That not making any difference, take the third A level that you think you can most easily get an A* in.
For Data science I recommend you study maths/physics/compsci

Quick Reply

Latest