The Student Room Group

What do I do?

Last year, this guy (bisexual) and I (gay) were flirting. We both liked each other but when I asked him out he said no as he wanted to focus on his studies (idk if it is also because he may not be out).

A few months later, a rumour (untrue) started that we were having s*x (we are underage) and he ended things.

We have just finished school and I still like him, but he hates me. We both want to return for sixth form.

What do I do? I still really like him but I highly doubt he wants anything to do with me...
Reply 1
best thing would be to leave him alone , especially if he didn't defend you or himself from the rumors shows he didn't care for you or what your 'relationship' was since he "hates" you
Reply 2
Original post by blkgrI
best thing would be to leave him alone , especially if he didn't defend you or himself from the rumors shows he didn't care for you or what your 'relationship' was since he "hates" you

he denied the rumours, but then cut all contact from me. he's not rude to me, but he doesn't want to be associated with me (I think), e.g. he signed my yearbook, but didn't want me to sign his even though he let other people sigh it
Reply 3
if you can possibly find any form of contact reach out to him but to only stay on good terms not to get together , you dont need more rumors / you dont know what he has said about you indirectly . you should really consider if you really like him or if its the attachment you get from him :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by blkgrI
if you can possibly find any form of contact reach out to him but to only stay on good terms not to get together , you dont need more rumors / you dont know what he has said about you indirectly . you should really consider if you really like him or if its the attachment you get from him :rolleyes:

I am able to message him. I have liked him on and off for 3 years, and I'm fairly sure it's because of his personality. I don't want to start drama for next year, but also want to repair our relationship...
Reply 5
then message him, starting off with a "hey, are you doing well?" and his response will finalize what you need to say to him, he may have also changed since then or even be with someone so be wary of that :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by blkgrI
then message him, starting off with a "hey, are you doing well?" and his response will finalize what you need to say to him, he may have also changed since then or even be with someone so be wary of that :smile:

I was thinking of saying "Hey, can we talk?". Is this appropriate?
Reply 7
do you know what you wanna say exactly?
Reply 8
Original post by blkgrI
do you know what you wanna say exactly?

I'll probably start by apologising for the rumours that happened. Then, maybe ask him if we could try again, just as friends?
Reply 9
sounds good to me:loveduck: but dont leave your expectations so high for him just incase for anything to go south , but to also keep it as friends for awhile for unneeded rumors, etc .
Reply 10
Original post by blkgrI
sounds good to me:loveduck: but dont leave your expectations so high for him just incase for anything to go south , but to also keep it as friends for awhile for unneeded rumors, etc .

Thanks. I've sent the message, now to see if he replies...
Reply 11
lmk how it goes !! :happy2:
Reply 12
Original post by blkgrI
lmk how it goes !! :happy2:

Will do! IIRC, he takes a while to read messages...
Reply 13
how did it go?? :rave:
Reply 14
Original post by blkgrI

I sent the message 7 hours ago, so he either is choosing to ignore me by not even reading it, or has been busy and not checked his messages...
Reply 15
Original post by blkgrI

It's now been 24 hours since I texted him... Either he is choosing to not read my messages, or he doesn't use (this account) on Snapchat... :frown: :crying:
I know it may seem hard because you still really like him but this man does not want anything to do with you. He has made that clear. To be honest, I'd just leave him be and if you're in the same classes in sixth form, just be civil and friendly.
He may have denied the rumours but as someone else before has said, you don't know what he has said behind your back to others.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
It's now been 24 hours since I texted him... Either he is choosing to not read my messages, or he doesn't use (this account) on Snapchat... :frown: :crying:

awl , thts okay !! i agree w the person said above take time for yourself 2 get over him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending