The Student Room Group

Child maintenance

Hi. My son has applied for funding and has been told the amount he will receive. However I didn’t say on my form that I receive maintenance from his father. (I’m a lone parent, divorced and with other dependents).

Will ring SFE and ask them to update my details. Having read other threads, I think I should have inputed this when filling details about other dependents.

Meanwhile, please can you tell me if this will affect the amount of maintenance loan that my son will be entitled to?

We’re currently working out budgets in order to choose accommodation and we’re not sure if the loan figure we’re working with, is likely to decrease once maintenance from ex husband is added to my file. Many thanks.
Original post by Heli1
Hi. My son has applied for funding and has been told the amount he will receive. However I didn’t say on my form that I receive maintenance from his father. (I’m a lone parent, divorced and with other dependents).

Will ring SFE and ask them to update my details. Having read other threads, I think I should have inputed this when filling details about other dependents.

Meanwhile, please can you tell me if this will affect the amount of maintenance loan that my son will be entitled to?

We’re currently working out budgets in order to choose accommodation and we’re not sure if the loan figure we’re working with, is likely to decrease once maintenance from ex husband is added to my file. Many thanks.

Hi there, Child Maintenance is classed as income of the child, we don't consider it as income for yourself. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Many thanks.
Original post by Heli1
Many thanks.

Hi there, You are more than welcome. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending