The Student Room Group

I know I did bad in my A level

Hi,

So I just did the first paper of classical civilization (WOTH) , I am predicted an A. I did Odyssey and aeneid, we have to do 1x30, 2x20, and 3x10 in 2h 20 min. We had the choice between a 30 marker on Aeneid or the odyssey and you have to memorise scholars for them. Most people learn scholars for both aeneid and odyssey as they don't which question would be the best, so they learn it for both and do the question that is the best for them. My content knowledge on the Aeneid is terrible, i find the plot extremely confusing and in general the boring quite boring, so before the exam, i memorised the Odyssey content to the best of knowledge and i only memoerised the scholars for Odyssey.

Today, I went into the exam and i was taken back by it bit, the odyssey questin seemed more difficult than the Aeneid, the Aeneid was a simple question on fate and Odyssey was something do to with Odysseus character was complex. I was taken aback and i thought oh well, i better get on with it and finished the 30 marker to the best of my ability. I spent 1hr 15 min on one 30 marker. That is where i went wrong. I did the 20 marker on the Odyssey and then the 10 marker on the odyssey and rushed the 10 marker on the aeneid. I MISSED ONE 20 MARKER ON THE AENEID AND ONE 10 MARKER COMPARISON, due to time, the exam was up. After the exam i had a panic attack, everyone in my class die the aenid and completed everything, i was the only one who barely completed the paper. I wish i had focused more on the Aeneid as i would not have ran out of time and the questions seemed more simple than the Odyssey. I checked on Twitter and everyone was like that was such a good paper and im here thinking about my future and because i was so dumb, i didn't even give my all and fail, evrytim i fail, i never succeed and probably never will. I have two more papers after this but my dream of getting an A will probably stay a dream, considering i probably got 35/100.
Original post by justhereiguess
Hi,

So I just did the first paper of classical civilization (WOTH) , I am predicted an A. I did Odyssey and aeneid, we have to do 1x30, 2x20, and 3x10 in 2h 20 min. We had the choice between a 30 marker on Aeneid or the odyssey and you have to memorise scholars for them. Most people learn scholars for both aeneid and odyssey as they don't which question would be the best, so they learn it for both and do the question that is the best for them. My content knowledge on the Aeneid is terrible, i find the plot extremely confusing and in general the boring quite boring, so before the exam, i memorised the Odyssey content to the best of knowledge and i only memoerised the scholars for Odyssey.

Today, I went into the exam and i was taken back by it bit, the odyssey questin seemed more difficult than the Aeneid, the Aeneid was a simple question on fate and Odyssey was something do to with Odysseus character was complex. I was taken aback and i thought oh well, i better get on with it and finished the 30 marker to the best of my ability. I spent 1hr 15 min on one 30 marker. That is where i went wrong. I did the 20 marker on the Odyssey and then the 10 marker on the odyssey and rushed the 10 marker on the aeneid. I MISSED ONE 20 MARKER ON THE AENEID AND ONE 10 MARKER COMPARISON, due to time, the exam was up. After the exam i had a panic attack, everyone in my class die the aenid and completed everything, i was the only one who barely completed the paper. I wish i had focused more on the Aeneid as i would not have ran out of time and the questions seemed more simple than the Odyssey. I checked on Twitter and everyone was like that was such a good paper and im here thinking about my future and because i was so dumb, i didn't even give my all and fail, evrytim i fail, i never succeed and probably never will. I have two more papers after this but my dream of getting an A will probably stay a dream, considering i probably got 35/100.

All you can do when something like this happens is put it the back of your mind and focus on what's ahead of you. Presumably this 35/100 doesn't reflect your general ability. So try to ace the next two papers and hope that, on average, you end up with the grade you're looking for.

If you fixate on this one paper, it could well derail not just the other papers for this subject, but your other subjects too.

It's done now and is out of your hands; you need to maintain focus on what you impact the outcome of.

Good luck! :crossedf:
Reply 2
Thank you for the advice and yes i cant do anything about i now and i just have to look forward and work extremely hard for the next two papers which are next week. Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by justhereiguess
Hi,
Did you receive your results, how did it go?
Original post by alsetru
Did you receive your results, how did it go?

lol, I'm retaking. did so bad. but oh well.

Quick Reply

Latest