The Student Room Group

good place to buy car from

I'm looking to buy a first car a few places I checked in my city turned out to be dogy. Any good traders people recommend?
Original post by Rohan007best
I'm looking to buy a first car a few places I checked in my city turned out to be dogy. Any good traders people recommend?

Id use a reputable car garage.
At least if in the unfortunate event that anything goes wrong, then you have some kind of comeback/warranty from the garage. You have more protection buying from a garage than you would a private seller.
Original post by Emma:-)
Id use a reputable car garage.
At least if in the unfortunate event that anything goes wrong, then you have some kind of comeback/warranty from the garage. You have more protection buying from a garage than you would a private seller.

The downside to that is they might be proper pros at ripping you off :colonhash:
Original post by StriderHort
The downside to that is they might be proper pros at ripping you off :colonhash:

That is the minority though.
If you have any major problems with them then you have the law on your side. That is rare though.

Go for garages that others have used and recommend.
Original post by Emma:-)
That is the minority though.
If you have any major problems with them then you have the law on your side. That is rare though.

Go for garages that others have used and recommend.

It was the first garage/dealer I had the misfortune that have gave me this opinion. Utter professional crook. (Like in an organised way far more ingrained than the private sellers forgetting to mention a dodgy clutch)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending