The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York accommodation application way too late

I've completely messed up and applied way too late. I initially thought I had applied but my browser (firefox) didnt acknowledge my application submission and ive been way too lazy and stupid (doesnt matter now, im in this predicament)

I have just applied for accommodation on the 17th of august and my course starts mid September(lol) . I highly doubt im going to get an accommodation offer. What other options do i have? What is the chance that the university still has a few rooms available ?
Original post by Anonymous
I've completely messed up and applied way too late. I initially thought I had applied but my browser (firefox) didnt acknowledge my application submission and ive been way too lazy and stupid (doesnt matter now, im in this predicament)

I have just applied for accommodation on the 17th of august and my course starts mid September(lol) . I highly doubt im going to get an accommodation offer. What other options do i have? What is the chance that the university still has a few rooms available ?

Hi!

I think that the best thing to do is to contact the accommodation team via email ([email protected]) or telephone (+44 (0)1904 322165). Explain your situation and the team will do their best to help you. If they are unable to give you a room offer, they will be able to offer advice on next steps and finding private accommodation if it comes to that.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi!

I think that the best thing to do is to contact the accommodation team via email ([email protected]) or telephone (+44 (0)1904 322165). Explain your situation and the team will do their best to help you. If they are unable to give you a room offer, they will be able to offer advice on next steps and finding private accommodation if it comes to that.

I called up and they just said to keep checking my emails and that they cannot guarentee me a place in halls. I am guessing I should just look for private accommodation now.
I called up and they just said to keep checking my emails and that they cannot guarentee me a place in halls. I am guessing I should just look for private accommodation now.

Hi, it wouldn't hurt to have a look for private accommodation. There are lots of student letting agencies in York, for example Adam Bennett, Sinclair and IG properties. They might have some listings with rooms left in student houses. There may also be some studio flats left in student apartment blocks as well so maybe have a search of these. Hopefully you will hear back with an accommodation offer in the next few days but it's good to have a back up!
Reply 4

Hi, I'm so sorry that happened to you, it must be so stressful. Since clearing is still open, hopefully there will be some rooms available or maybe people deciding they don't want to go to uni closer to the start of term. There are private halls available closer to York center such as Abode and Student Roost, but these can be quite expensive options. I'd say the best bet you have if no room becomes available on campus is joining a second/third year Facebook group as many people are looking for people to take over tenancies for their housemates who have dropped out over summer.

Quick Reply

Latest