The Student Room Group

used a hybrid pen in exams

I used a hybrid pilot acroball pen in a few of my exams, and I'm worried it won't scan.

I did a heat, smudge, water test which was fine, and on their website its described to have 'long-lasting qualities of a ballpoint pen' and is 'Archive-safe and water-resistant ink' along with having 'fast-drying ink'.

I am using a black pen.

Would it be alright? I plan to use a regular pen from tomorrow but I just wanted to know.

Thank you.
Reply 1
hi, yes it will be fine, especially as you also did a test on it. The only ones that definitely don't show up are the heat-erase pens eg the pilot frixon ones DONT USE THOSE. Also, even if it's slightly smudged, an examiner would pick up on this and your exam would be sent to be marked physically. Still, this is based on the examiner's disrection and does not mean you should take risks. just use regular ball point pens that write clearly.
Hope it helped :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Nat4695
hi, yes it will be fine, especially as you also did a test on it. The only ones that definitely don't show up are the heat-erase pens eg the pilot frixon ones DONT USE THOSE. Also, even if it's slightly smudged, an examiner would pick up on this and your exam would be sent to be marked physically. Still, this is based on the examiner's disrection and does not mean you should take risks. just use regular ball point pens that write clearly.
Hope it helped :smile:

thank you so much! I'm less worried now so yeah, I'll just use regular ball points from now on. Thanks again :smile:
Original post by pen_to_paper
I used a hybrid pilot acroball pen in a few of my exams, and I'm worried it won't scan.

I did a heat, smudge, water test which was fine, and on their website its described to have 'long-lasting qualities of a ballpoint pen' and is 'Archive-safe and water-resistant ink' along with having 'fast-drying ink'.

I am using a black pen.

Would it be alright? I plan to use a regular pen from tomorrow but I just wanted to know.

Thank you.

It doesn't sound like a gel pen, which you are not allowed to use so it should be fine I would think

Quick Reply

Latest