cktlee1
my LSE accomodation in order of preference:
Grosvenor House
High Holborn
Bankside House
Common wealth Hall
International
Connaught Hall

All single room, and I chose that i won't accept other residences if these were unavailable, and won't accept another type of room if my preference is not available. I also disagree to share a room with smokers....

LOL~ hope they will give me a good single-room lol~

You dont have to choose any Inter-collegiate halls do you? I really dont wanna be in them.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Well u can choose preference I think...Wolf, its just to be on the safe side! I don't want to be in those Inter-collegiate halls neither...!
Reply 22
yea but as far as i know it's in the form:

1.lse hall
2.'' ''
3.'' ''

1.Inter-co
2.''
3''

I assumed that you can only pick three choices out of these 6.
Reply 23
oh really? lol i picked all 6 lol~
wohoo thats a well muck up then~
I shall wait for a reply from LSE saying "wtf u think u r doing?" lol
Reply 24
cktlee1
oh really? lol i picked all 6 lol~
wohoo thats a well muck up then~
I shall wait for a reply from LSE saying "wtf u think u r doing?" lol

ahh dont worry, i dont think it really matters, just email/phone them to change it. Have you accepted LSE as firm yet?
Reply 25
i dont think so, but i am not sure.

What i was wondering is if i put down

LSE Halls:

Bankside
High Holborn
Carr-Saunders

and then

Intercollege:

N/A
N/A
N/A

will that mean that I will definetely get placed in one of those 3 LSE ones?
Reply 26
Splinter
i dont think so, but i am not sure.

What i was wondering is if i put down

LSE Halls:

Bankside
High Holborn
Carr-Saunders

and then

Intercollege:

N/A
N/A
N/A

will that mean that I will definetely get placed in one of those 3 LSE ones?

underneath that section it says that you can choose ' i wont accept any other accomodation places on offer', so logically surely one of your 3 should must be accepted? (cus its the uni's policy to provide 1st year accommodation for all?)
Reply 27
TheWolf
underneath that section it says that you can choose ' i wont accept any other accomodation places on offer', so logically surely one of your 3 should must be accepted? (cus its the uni's policy to provide 1st year accommodation for all?)

doh! should have done that instead~ lol
but then, if they really dun want me in LSE halls...I wouldn't mind inter-colligated halls as long as they give me 50% off or buy one get one free :aetsch:

Ah poo...if i dun live well... :idea: !!! I just stay at home instead..its only 1.5 hours travel time lol~ :creep:

and no I haven't accept my offer yet lol, need to wait for warwick's MMORSE to go through!
Reply 28
cktlee1
doh! should have done that instead~ lol
but then, if they really dun want me in LSE halls...I wouldn't mind inter-colligated halls as long as they give me 50% off or buy one get one free :aetsch:

Ah poo...if i dun live well... :idea: !!! I just stay at home instead..its only 1.5 hours travel time lol~ :creep:

and no I haven't accept my offer yet lol, need to wait for warwick's MMORSE to go through!

I see. Btw, ive decided not to go to the Warwick open day, as it's obvious I won't put Warwick down as first/2nd choice! how about ya?
Reply 29
I've decided if i do get offer for MMORSE I will go for it, and have LSE as my insurance...I think I like Warwick quite alot at the moment, its the reputation and the careers network at West Midlands for placement and interships that i am worried about, thats all.

There are certain rumors about problems on N321 at LSE that create uncertainties...Damn I will have to go to LSE open day again, possibly shadow a N321 student, and also talk to a friend who is already doing N321 at LSE.
Reply 30
cktlee1

The grosvenor house is probably gonna be the most popular for people to apply I would think, only 5 minutes walk from school, so save travel cost.

Ok, time to give a lesson to the young boys, with a bus pass you can use buses in London as many times as you want, and it costs 7,7 a week, that is what you are calling "travel cost". If grosvenor house is 50 pounds more expensive that other halls you then you are wasting 42,3.
Reply 31
I doubt the grosvenor house is gonna be the most popular one, considering the cost.

So it's ok to send off the accommodation form before accepting it as firm?
Reply 32
Londo
Ok, time to give a lesson to the young boys, with a bus pass you can use buses in London as many times as you want, and it costs 7,7 a week, that is what you are calling "travel cost". If grosvenor house is 50 pounds more expensive that other halls you then you are wasting 42,3.

Grosnover is only £13 more expansive than holborn...and between £10-30 more expansive than others including some intecolligated halls. I personally think buses are pointless they dun go directly to where u want, u've to wait 10-15mins if u miss a bus, and travel in London are quite slow...travel time matters as a cost too!

I lean towards Grosnover and Holborn coz of its location...the school, the library, the museum, leister square, are all very closeby! (I'm a lazy person :bootyshak )

TheWolf: I'm not sure, but I've sent my online form already...I received an email saying they will reply to me via email before July...thats all..Didn't ask about firm/insurance.

From LSE accommdation website:
Application forms should be submitted before the closing date irrespective of the status of your academic offer at that time.
Reply 33
cktlee you said there were problems with the course n321 at Lse. what kind of problems are you talking about?
Reply 34
kevins
cktlee you said there were problems with the course n321 at Lse. what kind of problems are you talking about?

I have no idea, my cousin told me to meet up with someone who's doing the course and he'll tell me...But I can't find that guy yet. I will PM u as soon as I know. (dunno when though)

Btw, hv u been invited to interview for MMORSE yet? Email them if u haven't~
Reply 35
i emailed them and they said they are still sorting through the applications. did they send you an interview?
Reply 36
ya, i emailed them, they said the same, but after two days the interview letter came through the post~
Reply 37
Hey people, does anyone know how noisy it is in High Holbourn, with it being right on a main road?
Reply 38
I've posted this before, but here's another try:
The website states major construction work in the area of Bankside House.

Has this begun? If it has begun how bad is it?
Reply 39
I went there today. The construction work is happening I think, as i can see all the cranes and stuff. That's why I'll probs choose it as 3rd choice, instead of 2nd.

Latest

Trending

Trending