The Student Room Group

Grade 9 chem students??

im a yr 10 student and my chem mock is soon.I dont have a problem with the calculations once ive done a few and i have no problem memorising the equations.But my problem is with the content and application qs .my grade is 7- doe anyone have any tips on how to get a 9?? will seneca be enough??
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
do you or does your school provide educake? if they do, use it. fastest and easiest way to assure that youve got all the content in your head.
if they don't, i suppose you could run through the chemistry specification for the parts you need to know, and use that as a checklist, or create questions out of it.
nooo unfortunately i dontttt
Original post by pinkshadow3478
im a yr 10 student and my chem mock is soon.I dont have a problem with the calculations once ive done a few and i have no problem memorising the equations.But my problem is with the content and application qs .my grade is 7- doe anyone have any tips on how to get a 9?? will seneca be enough??

For chem, here are my tips:
- Revise your practicals! At least one of them is bound to come up and if you have revised them, you will secure those marks at the very least!
- Find practice questions that are 5-6 markers, these questions are where most students tend to lose marks on, so I recommend finding some on PMT or MME revise or any exam-based workbook you have.
- If you have a doubt, always always clear it! Sometimes, people have confusions and doubts about the topic they study, but they just ignore it - it might come up in the exam, so make sure you're confident with the entire topic/topics before your exam!
- Use the specification to go through topics and note down the ones you aren't confident in, you need to go through these later.
- Resources I use for science: Cognito, freesciencelessons, PMT and MME revise

I hope that helps and good luck!
Original post by *LifeHappens*
For chem, here are my tips:
- Revise your practicals! At least one of them is bound to come up and if you have revised them, you will secure those marks at the very least!
- Find practice questions that are 5-6 markers, these questions are where most students tend to lose marks on, so I recommend finding some on PMT or MME revise or any exam-based workbook you have.
- If you have a doubt, always always clear it! Sometimes, people have confusions and doubts about the topic they study, but they just ignore it - it might come up in the exam, so make sure you're confident with the entire topic/topics before your exam!
- Use the specification to go through topics and note down the ones you aren't confident in, you need to go through these later.
- Resources I use for science: Cognito, freesciencelessons, PMT and MME revise

I hope that helps and good luck!

Ok , thanks for the advice!
Reply 5
Original post by pinkshadow3478

Heya!
Make sure to do practice under exam conditions and then mark your work using the mark scheme :h: Identify why you are losing marks and how you can improve your answers. If it helps, Study mind has lots of free resources that can help you out!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
Make sure to do practice under exam conditions and then mark your work using the mark scheme :h: Identify why you are losing marks and how you can improve your answers. If it helps, Study mind has lots of free resources that can help you out!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thank youuuuu smmmmm i checked out study mind and it looks really useful.I'll definitely be using it in my revision this week

Quick Reply

Latest