The Student Room Group

LAE stratford -Predicted grades

Hi:smile: So I really want to apply for Lae but I don't think any of my teachers are willing to predict me any 9s just yet.
If you did get accepted then what were the grades that you submitted?
I know I meet the entry requirements but I have a feeling that it's not enough.
Hey, LAES student here! I applied with seven 9's, 2 8's and one 7 at GCSE and managed to get a space despite not being from the Newham area - however, this may be due to my older brother attending the school at the time I applied (LAE have a minor sibling policy!) If you're from Newham, I heard that it's a lot easier to get in, however, LAE generally expect to see a 9 in the subjects your applying for i.e. if you're applying for History, Econ, Maths and Geography, they'd generally expect you to be predicted 8/9.
Original post by cherrydcys
Hey, LAES student here! I applied with seven 9's, 2 8's and one 7 at GCSE and managed to get a space despite not being from the Newham area - however, this may be due to my older brother attending the school at the time I applied (LAE have a minor sibling policy!) If you're from Newham, I heard that it's a lot easier to get in, however, LAE generally expect to see a 9 in the subjects your applying for i.e. if you're applying for History, Econ, Maths and Geography, they'd generally expect you to be predicted 8/9.

Thank you! I've just applied for English lit, Maths, Chem and Bio with my predicted grades being 9,9,8 and 9 -hopefully that 8 for chem doesnt let me down. I don't have any siblings at LAEand I live in Tower Hamlets but I do get free school meals. Could you please tell me about your experience at LAE?
Reply 3
Original post by SiriuslyBooked
Thank you! I've just applied for English lit, Maths, Chem and Bio with my predicted grades being 9,9,8 and 9 -hopefully that 8 for chem doesnt let me down. I don't have any siblings at LAEand I live in Tower Hamlets but I do get free school meals. Could you please tell me about your experience at LAE?

Hi, I am a first year uni student that just left LAE. It is a very good school that provide lots of opportunities a lot of UCAS help. If you're interested in oxbridge they are also really good for that.
Reply 4
I've applied for biology, chemistry, psych and geography predicted 9 bio, 9 chem, but a 7 for geography, (didn't do psych gcse), do you think i'd be rejected because of that 7?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by tatakae
I've applied for biology, chemistry, psych and geography predicted 9 bio, 9 chem, but a 7 for geography, (didn't do psych gcse), do you think i'd be rejected because of that 7?

Did you get in then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending