The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

is it bad if you dont get a reply by now?

so there has been a snowstorm of acceptance/rejection reports...if I sent my application at around October 12thish and I still didn't get any news, does that mean I'm getting a lower chance of getting in? or maybe that im probably in the interview category?

alsooo, did you people who got news get e-mailed? or did you have to wait for a letter or something lol...

thank you!

Scroll to see replies

It depends... What did you apply for?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Statistics, Economics and Finance
raycruns
Statistics, Economics and Finance

Then no, it doesn't mean that you should be expecting a rejection. I'd say no news is good news at the moment...
Reply 4
ahh thank you (:
Reply 5
I would stop speculating until you hear word of something more official (i.e. from UCAS or UCL itself).
Reply 6
It's only bloody November! Applications haven't even closed yet. They have to consider everyone who applies before the deadline, so they can't give out all of their offers until after then.

I would say it's fairly good news though. If they definitely don't want you, they've got no reason to not reject you straight away.
nikki
It's only bloody November! Applications haven't even closed yet. They have to consider everyone who applies before the deadline, so they can't give out all of their offers until after then.

I would say it's fairly good news though. If they definitely don't want you, they've got no reason to not reject you straight away.

Lol. No.

To the OP - I received my acceptance letter early/mid December (albeit 2 years ago) - don't worrrry.
Reply 8
do not panic!. You may here from them even in late January as application process will be closed at that time
Reply 9
BetterThanHeaven
Lol. No.

Why not? UCAS knows when people submit their applications and which of them get offers. It would stand out a mile if the only people who receive offers are the ones who apply before the end of November.
nikki
Why not? UCAS knows when people submit their applications and which of them get offers. It would stand out a mile if the only people who receive offers are the ones who apply before the end of November.

Last offers go out Mid December.
Reply 11
BetterThanHeaven
Last offers go out Mid December.

Says who? and why would that department have a completely different admissions policy to the rest of UCL?
I heard back mid January.. and had my interview early Feb.. so that was pretty late
I got my offers in March and April, from UCL and Warwick. You might be in for a long wait.
how did people's ucl offers arrive? I don't know whether to be more anxious when checking my inbox, or my postbox...
Reply 15
I applied for biomedical science there and apparently they've asked people to come to an open day and I haven't heard anything... is this good or bad? :|
Reply 16
wow..march/april. thats like the us college result time.
so..results are given via e-mail too yeah?
Reply 17
I got everything by post
raycruns
wow..march/april. thats like the us college result time.
so..results are given via e-mail too yeah?

Post or/e-mail... I got my offer online first, then I got a letter a day or two later... Some others who applied for my course got letters first and then an e-mail from UCAS...
adilmorrison
Post or/e-mail... I got my offer online first, then I got a letter a day or two later... Some others who applied for my course got letters first and then an e-mail from UCAS...

I applied for your course too! In fact, I recognise you from interview, straight German?

I've heard nothing :frown: , how many people have had offers for German so far?

Latest

Trending

Trending