The Student Room Group

When studying GCSE, is it best to focus one subject per day or study multiple?

I am only studying English and Maths as a mature student. (I need to resit them and do well)

Im unsure whether to study ONE of the subjects per day, alternating them each day so it gives me a break with the other one.

So for example;
Monday - English
Tues - Maths
Wed - English
Thurs - Maths
Friday - English
Sat; Maths
Sunday; rest

Is this best?
Reply 1
Original post by ZenDixon
I am only studying English and Maths as a mature student. (I need to resit them and do well)

Im unsure whether to study ONE of the subjects per day, alternating them each day so it gives me a break with the other one.

So for example;
Monday - English
Tues - Maths
Wed - English
Thurs - Maths
Friday - English
Sat; Maths
Sunday; rest

Is this best?

First of all- make a note of your resit exam dates. Then list all the topics y Then, you need to publish a sheme of revision work and last weeks before you need to practice past papers( your college will give them). you need to revise both subjects on same day different times depending when you are free ,the advantage of doing it gives motivation of keeping up with both subjects rather than one subject on one day and another.
Reply 2
Original post by Mothers1
First of all- make a note of your resit exam dates. Then list all the topics y Then, you need to publish a sheme of revision work and last weeks before you need to practice past papers( your college will give them). you need to revise both subjects on same day different times depending when you are free ,the advantage of doing it gives motivation of keeping up with both subjects rather than one subject on one day and another.

Ok thanks. I don't go college. Im a mature student who fancied a career change late in life so i need to relearn and resit my gcse's... im literally re learning from scratch all on my own, using past papers, cgp books, maths genie etc..

I only have until november. But i know i can do it with dedication.
(edited 11 months ago)

So for example;
Monday - English
Tues - Maths
Wed - English
Thurs - Maths
Friday - English
Sat; Maths
Sunday; rest

Is this best?

It's entirely up to what works for you, but in my own experience, I find that I focus better when I switch from no more than two or three subjects a day. It also gives you a break from the other subject so you don't get overwhelmed with everything.

It also gives me motivation when I switch between subjects so I get more revision done when I cover multiple subjects than when I focus on one subject a day.

So for example;
Monday - English
Tues - Maths
Wed - English
Thurs - Maths
Friday - English
Sat; Maths
Sunday; rest

Is this best?

It isn't a great idea to focus on just one subject each day, it would probably be more beneficial to study a smaller amount of both subjects making sure you have breaks as that can make it easier to remember and recall information.

Quick Reply

Latest