The Student Room Group

Post circumcision

I had a circumcision on Thursday due to suffering from phimosis. When I can round from my op my penis was wrapped in a bandage with just a hole to pee out of. I was told to keep the bandage on and only change it if it got wet with pee. The issue was the hole they left in the bandage was that small it was impossible to pee without wetting it, so I changed the bandage and put a clean one on Friday morning and then repeated the process again today (Saturday).

I read that hyper sensitivity is an issue for most people and whilst I have been experiencing this I’ve found putting Vaseline on my tip and in my underpants has helped and already I think my top is becoming less sensitive.

The only thing I’m unsure of is how long I need to keep wearing a bandage for, I just didn’t think to ask when I was in the hospital on Thursday and I can’t see anything online.

Has anyone else who was circumcised as an adult able to offer any help or advice?
Your discharge letter should hopefully include some relevant information and contact details for if you have follow up issues. Otherwise speak with your GP about how to manage the postsurgical state.

Quick Reply

Latest