The Student Room Group

Any Recommendations for Simply Amazing Books?

Hello! Does anyone have any really good books they want to share? Even if I don't like it (and I like almost everything that's good, any genre), maybe someone else'll see it. Thx!
the kay scarpetta series by patricia cornwell are so fricking good
the mains character is a medical examiner and each book is about a different case - murder or serial killer
Reply 2
Original post by agent_duck343
the kay scarpetta series by patricia cornwell are so fricking good
the mains character is a medical examiner and each book is about a different case - murder or serial killer

So a Dr. Holmes? Sounds good, thanks!
The secret history by Donna Tartt was a phenomenal book!! i can admit that it was a hard read, but honestly I’d highly recommend it.
Reply 4
Original post by harlz_chalamet
The secret history by Donna Tartt was a phenomenal book!! i can admit that it was a hard read, but honestly I’d highly recommend it.

oooOOOoooh, just searched it up and looks interesting. Also sounds above my age rating. Who cares? Thanks, I'll check it out ;D
Lisa Jewell is quite a good author
Reply 6
Original post by ebyrne2036
Lisa Jewell is quite a good author

Thank you! I searched her up quick and apparently she writes romantic comedies and dark thrillers. I love both and like to mix stuff up, otherwise it gets too dark if I just read that stuff, but reading a good one after a romcom is always refreshing and interesting. Are there any specific ones that are her best works, in your opinion? Thx again :biggrin:
I enjoyed the family under the stairs and then she was gone. More of her recent stuff is better I find sort of post 2012. I read Ralph’s party and some of her earlier ones didn’t find them great. Yess it definetly keeps u on ur toes! Hope that helps
Reply 9
Original post by ebyrne2036
Lemme know what u think :smile:

Ok thanks for the info! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending