The Student Room Group

Failed alevels, can I still get into Uni if I take a college course after?

Hi,
So I am currently taking my alevel exams, not feeling the most confident about them. This year I've had family issues and have been in and out living at my house, I'm not going to put all the blame on this. But basically, I don't think I'll be getting the grades I need to get into the University of Nottingham.

I was looking for options and thinking I'd take a level 2 college course for 2 years straight after I've finished my alevels. I would be doing an IT course. I really think having a new start will get me the grades I want, I know I can do better than I have with my alevels. So I need to know if anyone has done this approach, or if it is possible to get into university doing so. Specifically, the university of Nottingham. I'd be studying Computer Science.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
Hello 👋,

I have similar situations as you do not feel bad because of your grades, there are many universities that will accept you with bad grades look for them. Its pointless to dwell into past what's already been done.

I need ABB to get into my Bsc Comp Sci at Uni of Leicester. My predicted grades are BBC and I think I can achieve more than that. If you have few more exams to go don't worry, few days may be enough to get A or B provided you use it carefully and efficiently.

Also, there will be time when universities will be taking students in to fill their quotas apply then and talk to your teachers about it. If you want to work at google they need skills not where your degree comes from... Do lots of Leetcode show them your best of the best

Good Luck 🍀

Quick Reply

Latest