The Student Room Group

Don’t know what to study at university anymore

Hi , I applied to dentistry but unfortunately my school submitted the wrong predicted grades causing me to be rejected by 3 universities straight away. I then had an interview and was put on the waiting list. I really don’t know what to do , I think with all this stress it’s affecting my exams atm. My only other option is biomedical sciences but I really don’t want to study that course , anyone got any advice?
It’s extremely annoying when a small mistake from your school could do this to your application and take away so much from all the hardwork I put in for my application and during year 12.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
You could always apply next year.
Reply 2
Apply next year.
Original post by ilovesanji
Hi , I applied to dentistry but unfortunately my school submitted the wrong predicted grades causing me to be rejected by 3 universities straight away. I then had an interview and was put on the waiting list. I really don’t know what to do , I think with all this stress it’s affecting my exams atm. My only other option is biomedical sciences but I really don’t want to study that course , anyone got any advice?
It’s extremely annoying when a small mistake from your school could do this to your application and take away so much from all the hardwork I put in for my application and during year 12.

ilovesanji - it's clear that you are 100% capable of getting into dental school and are passionate about it, afterall you got on the waiting list for the only school that gave you an interview, so you can do it. Don't let this one mistake deter you, afterall dent is a lifelong career and not just a uni course. My honest advice would be to reapply next year and take a gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest