The Student Room Group

Crap A-Level Grades

Hey, I'm applying to uni - I completed my A-Levels 5 years ago and absolutely flunked them - it was a huge shock to me at the time but the past is the past.
As of now, I've completed an access to HE course and I'm waiting on my certificates - Hopefully should go to plan and I've met my requirements - which I think I have .
Do I have to mention those dreaded A-Levels if I've done this course and sorted myself out?

Any help is appreciated :smile:
Original post by spearminty1
Hey, I'm applying to uni - I completed my A-Levels 5 years ago and absolutely flunked them - it was a huge shock to me at the time but the past is the past.
As of now, I've completed an access to HE course and I'm waiting on my certificates - Hopefully should go to plan and I've met my requirements - which I think I have .
Do I have to mention those dreaded A-Levels if I've done this course and sorted myself out?

Yes all exams taken have to be declared pass or fail. Universities are more likely to look at your more recent qualification anyway

Hi!

Some universities will look at different things, but, for the most part, universities will look at your recent qualification which gives you the most UCAS points, so if your Access to HE course gives you enough UCAS points to apply, that is the most important thing.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!
Mike
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi!

Some universities will look at different things, but, for the most part, universities will look at your recent qualification which gives you the most UCAS points, so if your Access to HE course gives you enough UCAS points to apply, that is the most important thing.

Mike

Most universities dont use ucas points. They make offers on grades and for access courses it will be set numbers of distinctions and credits
Reply 4
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi!

Mike

Thanks for replying - but would I still need to mention the A-Level grades ? :smile:
Thanks for replying - but would I still need to mention the A-Level grades ? :smile:

You have to declare them, unfortunately, or your application could be withdrawn.

Yes you have to declare any exams taken pass or fail.
Reply 7
Original post by emilyalexandria
You have to declare them, unfortunately, or your application could be withdrawn.

Thank you - just going to be honest and show my progression : )

Original post by swanseajack1
Yes you have to declare any exams taken pass or fail.

Thanks for confirming : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending