The Student Room Group

What options to pick for alevel

Hello!

I am looking for some advice on which alevels might be best for me to pick. I am looking to go into a childcare proffesion so please keep this in mind.
So far I have put down my options as Art, English Language and psychology. But after receiving my GCSE results I am re thinking everything. In art and English language I got the good grade of a 6. Now, normally I wouldn’t mind this grade, but in other subjects I have managed to get higher and am not sure if these are the right choice going forward. I am wanting to take health and social as I was quite goot at it and I managed to get a L2D. It’s not only the grade, but I also enjoyed the lesson. The problem is that it is a double lesson which means it’s two alevels and that would only leave me with one more option to pick. Now, I really want to do psychology, an English and possibly sociology. If I was to pick health and social I don’t know what else I would choose. But, I could take psychology, sociology, but then the option blocks are different so I couldn’t take English and would have to take something that I don’t necessarily want to take.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Many thanks
Original post by Jane Louise 223
Hello!

I am looking for some advice on which alevels might be best for me to pick. I am looking to go into a childcare proffesion so please keep this in mind.
So far I have put down my options as Art, English Language and psychology. But after receiving my GCSE results I am re thinking everything. In art and English language I got the good grade of a 6. Now, normally I wouldn’t mind this grade, but in other subjects I have managed to get higher and am not sure if these are the right choice going forward. I am wanting to take health and social as I was quite goot at it and I managed to get a L2D. It’s not only the grade, but I also enjoyed the lesson. The problem is that it is a double lesson which means it’s two alevels and that would only leave me with one more option to pick. Now, I really want to do psychology, an English and possibly sociology. If I was to pick health and social I don’t know what else I would choose. But, I could take psychology, sociology, but then the option blocks are different so I couldn’t take English and would have to take something that I don’t necessarily want to take.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Just follow your passion

Quick Reply

Latest