The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quiet Rooms

Hi,
I really like the look of the Claudia Parsons hall. However, the only rooms left are the quiet ones. Does anyone have any experience with these rooms, and do you recommend them?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I really like the look of the Claudia Parsons hall. However, the only rooms left are the quiet ones. Does anyone have any experience with these rooms, and do you recommend them?
Thanks!

Hey, I'm a loughborough student! Now I wasn't in a quiet room as such but I was offered one (I only didn't take it because I didn't like the hall, not the room). So it's import to know that halls have noise limits between certain times anyway, whether you're a quiet room or not so you don't gain much. One of my friends in one said they didn't tend to have flat parties but just did them in the common room, someone's flat or just went straight to the union. Claudia Parsons is one of the most modern halls.

Depending on what subject you taking, check the location if you're not a walker. It didn't suit me because I struggle walking and it was nowhere near the art buildings. But it's a central campus, close to the hockey pitch, main building and union so it's in a pretty good place. It is more expensive than other halls. But yeah quiet rooms just mean that you need to be respectful about noise (no super loud music etc) as far as people in them tell me.

Hopefully a rep will get back to you about the specifics as well but thought I'd answer since no one else has :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply! I heard that you might have some 3rd year students in quiet halls, as well as some international students. Does your friend know if this is the case, or do people just choose quiet rooms as a way to get into Claudia parsons, as it is a very nice hall haha.

Hey, I'm a loughborough student! Now I wasn't in a quiet room as such but I was offered one (I only didn't take it because I didn't like the hall, not the room). So it's import to know that halls have noise limits between certain times anyway, whether you're a quiet room or not so you don't gain much. One of my friends in one said they didn't tend to have flat parties but just did them in the common room, someone's flat or just went straight to the union. Claudia Parsons is one of the most modern halls.

Depending on what subject you taking, check the location if you're not a walker. It didn't suit me because I struggle walking and it was nowhere near the art buildings. But it's a central campus, close to the hockey pitch, main building and union so it's in a pretty good place. It is more expensive than other halls. But yeah quiet rooms just mean that you need to be respectful about noise (no super loud music etc) as far as people in them tell me.

Hopefully a rep will get back to you about the specifics as well but thought I'd answer since no one else has :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you so much for your reply! I heard that you might have some 3rd year students in quiet halls, as well as some international students. Does your friend know if this is the case, or do people just choose quiet rooms as a way to get into Claudia parsons, as it is a very nice hall haha.

Haha, yeah you are right tho! There's a few people who end up in quiet room that didn't want them and just needed accommodation. I got offered one through disability and everyone I told said it was a great hall! It just wasn't for me 😂 If you want to know anything about the uni, please do ask! The only thing I don't know much about is the gyms and sport facilities (ironically) XD
Hi,
Thanks!

Hi there,

Great to hear from you :smile:

I would recommend using the contact details at the bottom of this page to ask our accommodation team - they should be able to help and provide you with more information.

Alternatively, you can find out about other halls on this page here.

I hope this helps :smile:

- Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending