The Student Room Group

Penalty Charge Notice issued by Council for parking

I have been issued PCN while having job centre appointment and i spent there 10 minutes chatting to an advisor. I left the building and noticed my parking fine. I am unemployed. I parked my car 9:35 am i was back in my car 9: 46am. Time stated on issued ticket was 9:41. It was also said on the ticked that my car was observed from 9:36 am. I would like to appeal as soon as possible, any advice from you ? Please
Reply 1
Appeal against what? Do you have a case? You haven't said where you were parked or anything about road markings or signs.
Reply 2
I was parked at the front of the job centre where you have to pay 1.20 for an hour stay. Machine takes cash only i had insuffucient funds to pay. My question is regarding to appeal where i can state they i am unemployed and have income apart from Universal Credit. Is there any chance I can avoid paying the fee due to unemployment status. Thank you for your reply
Reply 3
Just to clarify I have no other income than universal Credit *
Original post by Local121
I was parked at the front of the job centre where you have to pay 1.20 for an hour stay. Machine takes cash only i had insuffucient funds to pay. My question is regarding to appeal where i can state they i am unemployed and have income apart from Universal Credit. Is there any chance I can avoid paying the fee due to unemployment status. Thank you for your reply

None of those reasons will be successful grounds for appeal. Welcome to the world of parking tickets. Pay asap and save yourself the doubling up.
I thought PCN's weren't enforceable the way FPN are.

It should say on the notice how to appeal it. Low chance of them overturning just because you are on benefits but it's always worth a shot I guess.
If you are going to pay then make sure to do so in the timeframe so it doesn't increase.
Reply 6
Say there was a queue to pay so it took 5 mins to work the machine or was not easy to understand so toom 5 mins to actually get a ticket.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
Thank you all for replies :smile::smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Local121

You knew there was a fee, you should have made arrangements instead of just not paying. And you can afford to run a car?
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending