The Student Room Group

further maths for engineering

will taking fm help my application for engineering at oxford
Reply 1
Yes - it might be very hard to get an offer if your school offers further maths and you don’t take it.
Here’s what Oxford say: “Further Mathematics can be helpful to students in completing this course, although it is not required for admission”

Id imagine the overwhelming majority of success applicants who have the option of FM take it, but this is just what id assume. I would recommend finding admissions data (there must be a few FOI requests on this).
Reply 3
Original post by m11m
will taking fm help my application for engineering at oxford

What grade are you working at for GCSE? What is it about Oxford's course that interests you? It's very theoretical with no year in industry.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
What grade are you working at for GCSE? What is it about Oxford's course that interests you? It's very theoretical with no year in industry.

hi im actually just coming to the end of year 12 and don't have my predicted grades yet unfortunately

i have finished the whole maths a level and have the option to drop further maths now and have a year of revision or continue with further maths and do that a level in a year.

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest