The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

would i get in if didn't meet entry requirements for contextual offer for reading?

i got offered a contextual offer for reading, DDM instead of DDD but i ended up finishing college with a DMM. how flexible is reading with btecs and contextual offers? scared lol
I'm afraid the short answer is that it depends. You need to wait until results day when Reading will accept all the students who did meet the grades. If there are spaces after that, then they would probably fill it with near misses.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by totallyfine
I'm afraid the short answer is that it depends. You need to wait until results day when Reading will accept all the students who did meet the grades. If there are spaces after that, then they would probably fill it with near misses.

i checked the website and it says they guarantee places for people who chose reading as a firm even if theyre a grade below the entry requirements but im not too sure if it applies to my contextual. i panic emailed admissions, hopefully i'll find my answer ;-;.
Original post by eeolhc2k
i checked the website and it says they guarantee places for people who chose reading as a firm even if theyre a grade below the entry requirements but im not too sure if it applies to my contextual. i panic emailed admissions, hopefully i'll find my answer ;-;.

A contextual offer is already a lower offer. Whether will go lower only they can tell. Anybody on here would be guessing.
Original post by eeolhc2k
i got offered a contextual offer for reading, DDM instead of DDD but i ended up finishing college with a DMM. how flexible is reading with btecs and contextual offers? scared lol

Hey @eeolhc2k,

Those are great results, well done!

As @totallyfine said below, it is hard to tell until results day depending on how many people get the grades offered and how many spaces there are on your course, etc. But that doesn't mean there's no hope, so try not to worry about it (although I totally get that's easy for me to say on the outside!!).

If you would like more information on what you might be able to expect if you are concerned, you could contact the admissions department who may be able to advise you a bit more. You can contact them via +44 (0) 118 378 8372 or [email protected].

I hope this helps, but sorry I can't give you much more information! Reading do try and look at applications as a whole though and not just grades, and it definitely does depend on the amount of met offers etc, so don't loose hope!

Best of luck - try not to worry too much about it until results day; you've done all you can.

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending