The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

When do I get offers from Sheffield?

They sent me a letter inviting me to an interview. The interviews are either next week, any wednesday in Feb, and the first wednesday in March. I've booked mine for Feb.

I've recieved offers from Bangor and Sheffield Hallam, and I though offers are made by January? So does this mean Sheffield won't make an offer until after my interview in Feb? Or do they just go on whats on my apllication and make an offer before the interview (which seems pointless)?

I'm not sure how this works at all :s-smilie:

Thanks
Reply 1
i got an offer for biomed this afternoon. you normally get offer after interview. did they mention it in your letter?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
The letter says "I have considered your application, and would like to invite you..." but no mention of offers.
I should add that I'm applying for Systems and control engineering.
Reply 3
ok i got a letter like that on saturday, but they gave me the offer anyway. i assume its not a formal interview and more of an "open day".
Reply 4
Yeh it says it's an open day where I can talk to current students, have a look around the department then and interview at the end.
I'll keep my on UCAS Track then :smile: Cheers.
All applications are recieved by January, but the universities then have a couple of months in which to consider them and make offers.
Reply 6
ty for the rep
Reply 7
last year i got a reply asking me to an interview after a week then got an offer about 1/2 weeks after the interview.

they arent that important they are near enough guarenteed to give you a offer, my mate never went to his and he was predicted two grades below the offer so dont worry.
unless your going to ba a doctor then be afraid... be very afraid.
Reply 8
also its alot less of an interview as it is more of an opportunity to ask questions one on one.

Latest

Trending

Trending