The Student Room Group

Another A-Level in gap year

If I were to take a gap year and take another A-Level (a subject I didn't do initially) would I be able to do that A-Level in one year?
I think it's possible. Would you be taking exams as a private candidate?
(Original post by penguingirl18)I think it's possible. Would you be taking exams as a private candidate?

Original post by penguingirl18
I think it's possible. Would you be taking exams as a private candidate?

yh, i would
Reply 3
Original post by _mangosmoothie_
If I were to take a gap year and take another A-Level (a subject I didn't do initially) would I be able to do that A-Level in one year?

This is what I'm doing. I've decided that I want to do Economics at university and for every RG London Uni I need A-Level Maths as an entry requirement. I finished college this year and did Psychology, Econ and Comp sci.

The only college (In London) I found that does one year A-Level courses for free as long as you are aged 17-19 is Westminster Kingsway which I've applied to and have my Maths Entrance Exam on the 31st of August.

I've called up most of the Top Uni's and asked whether this would affect my chances of getting in and the only answers I received were:

1) No
2) Slightly decrease my applications' competitiveness
Original post by edi_00
This is what I'm doing. I've decided that I want to do Economics at university and for every RG London Uni I need A-Level Maths as an entry requirement. I finished college this year and did Psychology, Econ and Comp sci.

The only college (In London) I found that does one year A-Level courses for free as long as you are aged 17-19 is Westminster Kingsway which I've applied to and have my Maths Entrance Exam on the 31st of August.

I've called up most of the Top Uni's and asked whether this would affect my chances of getting in and the only answers I received were:

1) No
2) Slightly decrease my applications' competitiveness

thank you so much- this was so helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest