The Student Room Group

live, laugh, love (and sometimes cry) - a blog <3

Hello! I've not been on TSR for a while but I'm back now! This blog is basically a place to collect my thoughts about life. Here's a little catch-up for you:

Studies: I have soo much overdue homework I need to catch up on. It's honestly insane. I'm in Year 12 and studying Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Computer Science A Levels. I'm thinking about applying for Economics at university!

Social: I'm not allowed to date until I'm 18, but that doesn't stop me from having a crush or two. I'm part of my school's robotics team and there's one guy who's super cute. Let's call him N. There's also another boy who GETS ON MY NERVES AND THINKS HE'S BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. Let's call him A. He literally refers to himself as the smartest person in the room. I'm curious whether he has any siblings..he seems like a coddled only child (this is coming from a fellow only child btw). The robotics team is going out together this weekend and I'm so excited! There's also been a lot of drama though because someone's planning on bringing alcohol and not everyone's fully comfortable with drinking (especially since the person bringing the alcohol has a tendency of getting SUPER DRUNK). Anyways, my best friend and I are just going to ditch everyone else if they start drinking and we'll go out together for a meal instead🙂

Health: I've injured my back so I haven't been exercising much recently :frown: But when I do, I really enjoy running, yoga and pilates! I have a neurological condition that sometimes affects my life but I push through it anyways!

That's it for now! You're all caught up!

- Scarlett xoxo
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Today I didn't get that much studying done as I wanted to. I focused on my economics supercurriculars because I feel like I haven't been spending enough time on them recently.
Original post by scar-the-queen
Hello! I've not been on TSR for a while but I'm back now! This blog is basically a place to collect my thoughts about life. Here's a little catch-up for you:

Studies: I have soo much overdue homework I need to catch up on. It's honestly insane. I'm in Year 12 and studying Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Computer Science A Levels. I'm thinking about applying for Economics at university!

Social: I'm not allowed to date until I'm 18, but that doesn't stop me from having a crush or too. I'm part of my school's robotics team and there's one guy who's super cute. Let's call him N. There's also another boy who GETS ON MY NERVES AND THINKS HE'S BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. Let's call him A. He literally refers to himself as the smartest person in the room. I'm curious whether he has any siblings..he seems like a coddled only child (this is coming from a fellow only child btw). The robotics team is going out together this weekend and I'm so excited! There's also been a lot of drama though because someone's planning on bringing alcohol and not everyone's fully comfortable with drinking (especially since the person bringing the alcohol has a tendency of getting SUPER DRUNK). Anyways, my best friend and I are just going to ditch everyone else if they start drinking and we'll go out together for a meal instead :smile:

Health: I've injured my back so I haven't been exercising much recently :frown: But when I do, I really enjoy running, yoga and pilates! I have a neurological condition that sometimes affects my life but I push through it anyways!

That's it for now! You're all caught up!

- Scarlett xoxo

Ooooh i hope you enjoy the weekend! I hope you get a chance to talk to N😏😎
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Ooooh i hope you enjoy the weekend! I hope you get a chance to talk to N😏😎

Thank you! Pretty sure he has a crush on someone else but even as a friend he's nice to talk to :smile:
Thank you! Pretty sure he has a crush on someone else but even as a friend he's nice to talk to :smile:

where are you going? Is it just a fun trip or robotics related?
where are you going? Is it just a fun trip or robotics related?

Just bowling! I haven't gone bowling in years so I'm quite excited!
I'm slightly annoyed at one of the girls on our robotics team. We all gave her money to book the bowling alley for us a few days ago and she only just booked it a couple of minutes ago and the time slot we wanted is gone. Now I have to stay out later than expected and I'm not the biggest fan of travelling in the dark :/
Ok bowling was fun!! I was really rubbish at it but it was nice to just have a laugh because most other people were rubbish too (although not as rubbish as me). I also managed to grab some sushi for dinner which was DELICIOUS! Overall a lovely evening!
Reply 8
Ok bowling was fun!! I was really rubbish at it but it was nice to just have a laugh because most other people were rubbish too (although not as rubbish as me). I also managed to grab some sushi for dinner which was DELICIOUS! Overall a lovely evening!

At least the bowling worked out (although I totally understand your annoyance at being out later). I’m honestly the exact same at bowling 😂 last time I went I’d just toss it down without looking and see how lucky I’d get because I was so bad when I actually put effort in haha
Reply 9
I'm choosing my A levels now and I want to ask if you ever considered physics because I'm stuck between keeping physics or swapping it or computer science for economics. I'm thinking about picking practically the same A levels as you so any info about the courses or thoughts appreciated.
Thanks
Original post by study23!
At least the bowling worked out (although I totally understand your annoyance at being out later). I’m honestly the exact same at bowling 😂 last time I went I’d just toss it down without looking and see how lucky I’d get because I was so bad when I actually put effort in haha

Ahaha same! I literally just threw it in random directions and hoped it would hit the pins 😭
Original post by cvu
I'm choosing my A levels now and I want to ask if you ever considered physics because I'm stuck between keeping physics or swapping it or computer science for economics. I'm thinking about picking practically the same A levels as you so any info about the courses or thoughts appreciated.
Thanks

Hi! I definitely did consider Physics. In fact, I literally changed my A Level options 2 weeks before Year 12 started, and switched from Physics to Computer Science. I would say that Physics is known to be quite a difficult A Level, and having spoken to my friends who study both Physics and Computer Science/Economics, many people have told me that Physics has been the more difficult option that they want to drop. I loved GCSE Physics but I 100% do not regret not having taken the A Level. I would also say that you need to keep in mind what you want to study at university. I was indecisive about whether I should study Computer Science or Economics, so I decided to take both of the A Levels because I felt it helped me to keep my options open. I believe Physics can be helpful for university applications for both Computer Science and Economics as it shows your numerical ability, but it isn't necessary.
Ok I'm kind of proud of myself today. I aim for 3 hours of studying outside of lesson time on weekdays, and I rarely even get close to meeting that goal, but today I studied for 2.5hours! I'm aware that isn't much, but I'm a big procrastinator, so it's a big deal for me. It probably happened because I've got 2 tests tomorrow that I haven't revised much for 😭 Wish me luck for tomorrow!

Also on another note, I missed so much after I left the Robotics Meetup. Everyone went out for drinks afterwards and people got super drunk and there was apparently a lot of flirting and developing relationships I missed out on. It's going to be interesting to see how the dynamics between people have changed during our next Robotics Meeting.. Also, I still don't understand how none of them were hungover at school today. Crazy!

Completely unrelated, I'm super ****ed off at one of the girls in my class. Let's call her J. We're kind of friends, I guess, and I opened up to her about my medical condition and explained it to her in really clear detail, and she told me I was faking my illness?? Like no, I don't choose to randomly have seizures and to be in constant pain. Nobody CHOOSES to be chronically ill. Gosh, I'm just super angry at her and she's running for Head Girl at our school and I'm going to be irked if she gets it. Anyone that insensitive should not have a leadership role. This isn't a one-off, she also constantly made fun off my disabled friend (invisible disability, she hasn't told many people about it). My friend was clearly getting embarrassed and she kept making fun of her. Like omg, how insensitive do u have to be?? You can't even confront her about it because I did that once and she just makes this face that makes you feel bad, or she acts really annoying and pretends she's done nothing wrong. It's not even worth it to talk to her about it. She just won't listen.

Ok rant over :smile:
Reply 13
Ok I'm kind of proud of myself today. I aim for 3 hours of studying outside of lesson time on weekdays, and I rarely even get close to meeting that goal, but today I studied for 2.5hours! I'm aware that isn't much, but I'm a big procrastinator, so it's a big deal for me. It probably happened because I've got 2 tests tomorrow that I haven't revised much for 😭 Wish me luck for tomorrow!

Also on another note, I missed so much after I left the Robotics Meetup. Everyone went out for drinks afterwards and people got super drunk and there was apparently a lot of flirting and developing relationships I missed out on. It's going to be interesting to see how the dynamics between people have changed during our next Robotics Meeting.. Also, I still don't understand how none of them were hungover at school today. Crazy!

Completely unrelated, I'm super ****ed off at one of the girls in my class. Let's call her J. We're kind of friends, I guess, and I opened up to her about my medical condition and explained it to her in really clear detail, and she told me I was faking my illness?? Like no, I don't choose to randomly have seizures and to be in constant pain. Nobody CHOOSES to be chronically ill. Gosh, I'm just super angry at her and she's running for Head Girl at our school and I'm going to be irked if she gets it. Anyone that insensitive should not have a leadership role. This isn't a one-off, she also constantly made fun off my disabled friend (invisible disability, she hasn't told many people about it). My friend was clearly getting embarrassed and she kept making fun of her. Like omg, how insensitive do u have to be?? You can't even confront her about it because I did that once and she just makes this face that makes you feel bad, or she acts really annoying and pretends she's done nothing wrong. It's not even worth it to talk to her about it. She just won't listen.

Well done on the revision! Don’t worry I do that all the time, I say I’ll do 3 hours and end up doing 30 mins.

The get together sounds like chaos 😂 but like you said how are they in school today?!

And that girls seems so annoying! Im sorry you had to go through that

Ouf i am sure you are feeling the fomo but i guess it was better for you that you stayed home which allowed you to be so productive today, good job!
Also, that girl is not sounding like a very good head girl saying this kinda stuff to an illness, thats a reminder for you to not tell everyone everything, even if they seem like a good friend😉
I hope she realises her mistakes and rectifies it.
Good luck for your tests tomorrow!
Original post by study23!
Well done on the revision! Don’t worry I do that all the time, I say I’ll do 3 hours and end up doing 30 mins.

The get together sounds like chaos 😂 but like you said how are they in school today?!

And that girls seems so annoying! Im sorry you had to go through that

It's honestly so difficult to stop procrastinating!

Yess and there was even more chaos today but I'll give that update in a separate post!

Tbh she says stuff like that all the time, but she's honestly really nice sometimes. She doesn't really get social norms and that some things you're just not meant to say cuz you'll hurt people's feelings.
Ouf i am sure you are feeling the fomo but i guess it was better for you that you stayed home which allowed you to be so productive today, good job!
Also, that girl is not sounding like a very good head girl saying this kinda stuff to an illness, thats a reminder for you to not tell everyone everything, even if they seem like a good friend😉
I hope she realises her mistakes and rectifies it.
Good luck for your tests tomorrow!

Thanks!
I'm actually going to do an assembly to raise awareness for my health condition (called FND) because it's really rare and misunderstood. I hope this will get others to be more understanding.
The tests were so difficult ☹️
Ok so robotics drama update: a couple was caught coming out of the bathrooms together while everyone else was working together on building the robot. The heads of year are getting involved..not sure what's going to happen. People have been expelled for having sex together in school before but I know they didn't go that far because the girl involved is one of my close friends. Hopefully their punishment isn't that bad..
More news! N asked my friend out. I'm genuinely so happy for her because they're so cute together!
Reply 19
More news! N asked my friend out. I'm genuinely so happy for her because they're so cute together!

awwww

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending