The Student Room Group

Years of Funding

Hi,

I've applied for student finance for the next academic term, which has been approved. However, I received an email from SFE which stated that I've already used 2 years of funding.

This seems like a mistake as I've only ever taken 1 year of funding. My current student loan balance is less than if I had taken two years of funding, even with all the interest that it has accumulated.

Who should I contact to query this? Also, if I pay off my current student loan balance completely, will I be able to apply for the extra year of funding? I'm asking this as I'm planning to switch to the integrated Masters of my course, if I do well enough in the second year.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

SY
Original post by Simiyan
Hi,

I've applied for student finance for the next academic term, which has been approved. However, I received an email from SFE which stated that I've already used 2 years of funding.

This seems like a mistake as I've only ever taken 1 year of funding. My current student loan balance is less than if I had taken two years of funding, even with all the interest that it has accumulated.

Who should I contact to query this? Also, if I pay off my current student loan balance completely, will I be able to apply for the extra year of funding? I'm asking this as I'm planning to switch to the integrated Masters of my course, if I do well enough in the second year.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

SY

Hi Sy, We can look into the previous study query for you to determine the calculation of the amount of years on the account. Please contact us direct, you can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday or call us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending