The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

I want to apply to a clearing place i already got rejected from

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GSCE student
its cuz i wasn't sure if what i was saying was clear cuz i dont think i articulated myself well. appreciate the bluntness even tho it didn't go anywhere. but i did get a place from clearing on the day btw. try and be a nicer egg pls it wont crack you :biggrin:

Doesn't matter if it didn't go anywhere, you still needed to hear the bluntness lol. And a little less salt from you please, you smelly rotten egg :biggrin:
(edited 8 months ago)
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
A little less salt from you please :biggrin:

dont kill meeeee not ur edit 😂😂😂😂 never liked salt on my eggs
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Also i wondered if you heard of any courses at City opening up at the beginning of term if students don't turn up or decline their offers? How likely is this and what's the process of applying if places open up, would if be like applying through Clearing as normal and lastly when does clearing officially end at City, is it just the same as Ucas? Thank you!!

Hi,

In City, students who applied through clearing have to decline all other uni offers before accepting our offer within 24 hrs. This means that people who accepted our offer already have a secured space at City and dont have a choice but to attend, so the course is 100% full and wont open up again. Even if people drop out of the course, we will not open another opportunity for other candidates.

we dont accept transfer students due to the grading system. At City we are graded base off the modules and clinical hours we've completed throughout the whole 3 years, which is why "transfer students" redo the whole course from 1st year, if you do choose to change unis.

since you really want to get into City the only solution i could think of is applying for the foundation course "Introduction to health science" its a 1 year course which if you pass, you can move onto a BSc health course eg Radiography or Nursing in City. This foundation course is still open for clearing. in total your course duration would be 4 years. Here's the link

https://www.city.ac.uk/prospective-students/courses/foundation/introduction-to-health-sciences#tabs500598-link640922

hope ive answered everything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending