The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach Interview - how long to hear

Scroll to see replies

checks completed!! i start on the 8th !! xx
Original post by difficultbaddie
checks completed!! i start on the 8th !! xx

Great stuff, where do you start?
Reply 1542
Got a mail on 27th march that checks are completed. But yet to hear from them regarding my start date. The delay could be because of the Easter holiday.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Ugg331
Great stuff, where do you start?

work coaching in a job centre in Essex. nervous and excited..
Hey everyone, just a quick update, still waiting for pre employment checks, I was told they was started on the 12th March, I am aware that right to work check is done my DBS, came back about 3 weeks ago, and my references were completed last week, I really don’t know why it takes so long when it’s just a BPSS check. I just want to start!
Original post by Cjs2023
Hey everyone, just a quick update, still waiting for pre employment checks, I was told they was started on the 12th March, I am aware that right to work check is done my DBS, came back about 3 weeks ago, and my references were completed last week, I really don’t know why it takes so long when it’s just a BPSS check. I just want to start!

Did they offer you a conditional position?

I was told they do more checks behind the scenes. It's not just references and DBS.
Original post by Ugg331
Did they offer you a conditional position?
I was told they do more checks behind the scenes. It's not just references and DBS.

Yeah they did, but I wanted to wait until checks were completed.

Really? Do you know what checks they are? I had BPSS before previously
Been on the reserve list about 7 weeks and had an email today to upload right to work documents. Is this a good sign or am I getting my hopes up?
Original post by Ab0zamel
Been on the reserve list about 7 weeks and had an email today to upload right to work documents. Is this a good sign or am I getting my hopes up?

It’s a good sign, what campaign you applied for what area?

Do it and you'll find out instantly!

Yeah, thats a good sign! I'm on the reserve for 10 weeks now, and got offers for 2 different locations but I couldn't accept any of them as they are a bit far from my place. Hopefully something closer will come up soon! Btw, I'm having pre employment checks for HMRC, so I'm a bit relieved now 😅 I'm so happy for you !!! 🍀
Original post by Cjs2023

Mercia 668
Original post by Niomi82
Yeah, thats a good sign! I'm on the reserve for 10 weeks now, and got offers for 2 different locations but I couldn't accept any of them as they are a bit far from my place. Hopefully something closer will come up soon! Btw, I'm having pre employment checks for HMRC, so I'm a bit relieved now 😅 I'm so happy for you !!! 🍀

Thank you well we'll see what comes of it and I'll update you. Good luck with yours too it's a strange process for sure, never checked my personal emails so often in my life lol
Original post by Cjs2023

How long pre employment checks take.
It’s been about 4/5 weeks now.
All my references are done, dbs arrived. DWP confirmed they received my references.
But the standard email that comes every Friday states that your pre employment checks are in progress and you will be informed when completed
Been on the reserve list for 658 for 12 weeks and been offered a role as an EO in child maintenance service today! Wooo! For anyone on reserve list don’t give up hope xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending