The Student Room Group

Dwp work coach ( jan applicants) south london

Hi guys I created this thread for those who applied for the dwp work coach position in January for south London. When the vacancies were released on the 6th I applied on the same day, submitted my statement then also completed my SJT. Since then my portal says Thank you for completing the online Situational Judgement Test. Your application will now be reviewed by our team” it’s nearly a month and it hasn’t changed. I’ve seen others that applied for south London too even after me and they have received update within 24hours on their application whether they have passed to the next stage or not.

This is making me really anxious and I’m starting to have doubts. I created this thread for anyone who’s going through the same issue with the south London vacancies and we can update each other on the process ....
Hi
The process is:

Submit 500 words
Do SJT
If pass SJT, the 500 words will be marked
If you score high enough, you will be invited to interview
Every area seems to differ with timescales.I know someone in Southern England who did all of that, start to finish, in around 10 days whereas others have waited much longer.

The portal will be updated, there is no point chasing and nothing you can do to hurry things along. You may get a change of status in an evening or weekend so check daily.
Reply 2
Original post by SharonMoxon
Hi
The process is:

Submit 500 words
Do SJT
If pass SJT, the 500 words will be marked
If you score high enough, you will be invited to interview
Every area seems to differ with timescales.I know someone in Southern England who did all of that, start to finish, in around 10 days whereas others have waited much longer.

The portal will be updated, there is no point chasing and nothing you can do to hurry things along. You may get a change of status in an evening or weekend so check daily.

Im aware of the the application process , it’s just the time scale is concerning as it shouldn’t take that long for me to receive update on my SJT results , it’s been a month. And on the DWP site it says that the process usually takes 2-3 weeks. There has been other people that have applied even after me and they have been invited for interview and given offers for out London. Usually they are very quick with letting you know if you passed onto the next stage or failed the SJT that’s all
Original post by Lorraine12
Im aware of the the application process , it’s just the time scale is concerning as it shouldn’t take that long for me to receive update on my SJT results , it’s been a month. And on the DWP site it says that the process usually takes 2-3 weeks. There has been other people that have applied even after me and they have been invited for interview and given offers for out London. Usually they are very quick with letting you know if you passed onto the next stage or failed the SJT that’s all

I phoned the recruitment line this morning and I don’t think he had any specific information on the south London campaign...just said that campaigns are moving at different rates and hopefully I’ll hear something soon. I did also mention that others have had their offers, but honestly don’t think he had much more information than me.
Original post by Lorraine12

It literally takes as long as it takes
Reply 5
Hi
I applied early in mid December. I did the 500 words and situational judgment test few days before the deadline. I heard back from them at the end of Jan 23 and was invited then to do the video interview which i had 5 days to complete. Since then, its been 4 weeks and i haven’t heard back. I heard that it could possibly take 6-8 weeks to hear back from them to know whether you have been successful or not in the interview. Hopefully, hope to hear something soon!
Goodluck.
Original post by Fats001
Hi
I applied early in mid December. I did the 500 words and situational judgment test few days before the deadline. I heard back from them at the end of Jan 23 and was invited then to do the video interview which i had 5 days to complete. Since then, its been 4 weeks and i haven’t heard back. I heard that it could possibly take 6-8 weeks to hear back from them to know whether you have been successful or not in the interview. Hopefully, hope to hear something soon!
Goodluck.

This is so very frustrating but I know someone who also applied and she is having the same experience, high number of applicants is what they are saying
Reply 7
Original post by Fats001
Hi
Goodluck.

Hi, any tips for the interview please? What are the questions like? I have till tomorrow midnight. Thank you.
Reply 8
Original post by Huzy7
Hi, any tips for the interview please? What are the questions like? I have till tomorrow midnight. Thank you.

How did it go? What kind of questions were asked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending