The Student Room Group

I received a CCJ

I’ve received a CCJ for a car accident that happened with my brother. The car was under his name & he was driving too, he received the CCJ but for some reason I got one too on my name. I’m assuming it was a mistake & I have appealed - currently waiting for a response from County Court Business Centre.

My questions are:

1) does a CCJ affect car insurance, my insurance has increased from £1800 to a new renewal price of £2500.

2) Since a CCJ reduces your credit score significantly, if the appeal is successful & I have the CCJ cleared, will my credit restore back to its usual amount or will I have to build it up again gradually?
Reply 1
Original post by akxannn
I’ve received a CCJ for a car accident that happened with my brother. The car was under his name & he was driving too, he received the CCJ but for some reason I got one too on my name. I’m assuming it was a mistake & I have appealed - currently waiting for a response from County Court Business Centre.

My questions are:

1) does a CCJ affect car insurance, my insurance has increased from £1800 to a new renewal price of £2500.

2) Since a CCJ reduces your credit score significantly, if the appeal is successful & I have the CCJ cleared, will my credit restore back to its usual amount or will I have to build it up again gradually?

1 - Yes

2 - You need to get the judgement set aside, then contact the referencing agencies asking them to update their records.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending