The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Is Exeter Penryn campus a good choice for Law?

Hi, so I have applied to university already with one space left for another university- I have applied for all law courses, and my predicted grades are ABB. I have just been looking at Exeter Penryn campus which offers Law with Business for AAB-ABB, is the Penryn campus still apart of Exeter? Is attending and getting a degree from Penryn seen as lesser than the main Exeter campus? Does Penryn make you less employable in an already competitive career? Or does it just fall under Exeter and you don't even need to mention which campus you studied at?

I also wanted to ask if it's a good idea to apply for Penryn and if I have a decent shot at receiving an offer- the course includes business but my personal statement is only about law and I have already submitted it, and although I am in the range for their typical offers, I am on the lower end at ABB, so would that still give me a decent chance? I feel like my personal statement is quite strong, I have work experience and I am doing an EPQ about law and I have gotten an A in core maths.
Any and all advice is appreciated, and if anyone has any other university suggestions for ABB please let me know!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by myarv2
Hi, so I have applied to university already with one space left for another university- I have applied for all law courses, and my predicted grades are ABB. I have just been looking at Exeter Penryn campus which offers Law with Business for AAB-ABB, is the Penryn campus still apart of Exeter? Is attending and getting a degree from Penryn seen as lesser than the main Exeter campus? Does Penryn make you less employable in an already competitive career? Or does it just fall under Exeter and you don't even need to mention which campus you studied at?

I also wanted to ask if it's a good idea to apply for Penryn and if I have a decent shot at receiving an offer- the course includes business but my personal statement is only about law and I have already submitted it, and although I am in the range for their typical offers, I am on the lower end at ABB, so would that still give me a decent chance? I feel like my personal statement is quite strong, I have work experience and I am doing an EPQ about law and I have gotten an A in core maths.
Any and all advice is appreciated, and if anyone has any other university suggestions for ABB please let me know!

Your degree wil be from Exeter university.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Yes it's still part of Exeter and I'm pretty sure most graduates from there just put Exeter on their CVs. Doubt most firms are that fussed what specific campus you studied on.

Bear in mind it's a very different kind of campus to the main campus - some people love that, others do not. Probably worth trying to go to an open day to get a feel for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending