The Student Room Group

URGENT - Can I reapply after cancelling my deferred place on UCAS this year?

Hi there, I have a place at Cardiff to do History, which I had deferred to September 2024 (if I hadn’t deferred I would be there now) - Can I cancel this deferred place and then reapply now to different schools through UCAS because I’ve realised I want to study a different subject.

Thank you so much for any replies
Original post by StinkyGrl
Hi there, I have a place at Cardiff to do History, which I had deferred to September 2024 (if I hadn’t deferred I would be there now) - Can I cancel this deferred place and then reapply now to different schools through UCAS because I’ve realised I want to study a different subject.

Yes you can.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia

Yes you can.

Am I allowed to do that this year though just because on the UCAS website it was sort of confusing but seemed to imply I’d have to wait until next year idk 😭😭😭

If you applied last year then yes, you should be able to drop your deferred offer and apply this year.

If you applied this year and got a deferred offer, you can't cancel it and reapply in the same year.
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger

If you applied last year then yes, you should be able to drop your deferred offer and apply this year.

If you applied this year and got a deferred offer, you can't cancel it and reapply in the same year.

I’m so sorry this is such a stupid question but I sent off my application like December 2022 - I finished my A-levels this year - I got the place at Cardiff - I called them and asked to defer it

When I originally applied I was applying to be at uni in September 2023 - so does that mean it’s okay to reapply
Reply 5

I’m so sorry this is such a stupid question but I sent off my application like December 2022 - I finished my A-levels this year - I got the place at Cardiff - I called them and asked to defer it

When I originally applied I was applying to be at uni in September 2023 - so does that mean it’s okay to reapply

But I had it deferred this year does that change anything- sorry again if that is a dumb question 😭
But I had it deferred this year does that change anything- sorry again if that is a dumb question 😭

Your original offer was received in the 2022-23 cycle, so yes, you can ask the uni to release you so that you can submit a new application in the 2023-24 one.

If you see any confusing wording from UCAS, it’s just referring to applicants from the current cycle withdrawing their application. It does not apply to deferred offer holders.
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One

Your original offer was received in the 2022-23 cycle, so yes, you can ask the uni to release you so that you can submit a new application in the 2023-24 one.

If you see any confusing wording from UCAS, it’s just referring to applicants from the current cycle withdrawing their application. It does not apply to deferred offer holders.

Okay thank you so much that is such a relief to hear!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Original post by Admit-One

PRSOM!
Reply 9

PRSOM!

😳?
😳?

IIt means "please rep some other members", its a message you get when you try and rep someone but have repped them too recently :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 11

IIt means "please rep some other members", its a message you get when you try and rep someone but have repped them too recently :smile:

Oh sorry 😭 - thx for letting me know
Oh sorry 😭 - thx for letting me know

No worries- if you use TSR a lot you end up saying it often as you rep some people so often you can't do it every time you see a good post they make :biggrin:

So it's a way to tell them you would rep their post if you could :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending