The Student Room Group

My GF would like us to move closer to her family in a year's time ?

Should I be worried ?

We moved into our current flat in May. She visited her parents up North over the last 3 days and came back yesterday.

She had a great time by all accounts, but she was obviously really sad to have left them. She was crying a bit.

She has asked me if I'd consider moving away to be closer to her family in a year or so.

We're going to discuss it together, of course.

My family, however, are from the South, and I'm just a bit worrier that it'll be far from them.

If we find a place that's half way between our families, it'd be good.

She currently lives a 7-hour drive from them, which is really far. We drove up North a couple of months ago and it was a truck for both of us.

What do you guys think ?
Reply 1
If it really means a lot to her and not that much to you you could consider moving up but on the otherhand if it means a lot to you too and you make that clear, it would be very reasonable to live halfway
Reply 2
Original post by Nina12112
If it really means a lot to her and not that much to you you could consider moving up but on the otherhand if it means a lot to you too and you make that clear, it would be very reasonable to live halfway

Obviously it's in a year's time, so there's plenty of time for things to change. I don't think she's dead set on a move, but I know she misses her family - it was clear to me yesterday.

I'm convinced, knowing how she is, that she'll want to move somewhere that's best for both of us.

It's just a bit of a shock right now. We'll be talking about it in any case.
Given your family is from the south it makes sense to move somewhere halfway otherwise it’ll end up with you being too far from yours. So maybe somewhere in the midlands.
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Given your family is from the south it makes sense to move somewhere halfway otherwise it’ll end up with you being too far from yours. So maybe somewhere in the midlands.

We're from France, but yes, I think what she has in mind is midway between our families.

I don't think she'd want us to live too far from either of her families, and that's precisely what I'd like too.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest to drive 3 hours or even 4 hours to see my family, and besides there are trains available too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending