The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Waitlist - MSc in HRO

Hello! I have received on 3rd of Jan 2024 an email confirmation that my application is under consideration, and immediately the next day after I received an email that my application has been put into "waitlist". What does this exactly mean, and has anyone experienced the same?
Reply 1
Original post by Nodir24
Hello! I have received on 3rd of Jan 2024 an email confirmation that my application is under consideration, and immediately the next day after I received an email that my application has been put into "waitlist". What does this exactly mean, and has anyone experienced the same?

When did you application get processed?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Babyyyyoda
When did you application get processed?
3rd of Jan
Reply 3
Oh I am also on the waitlist for another course. As long as you are on the waitlist it is not a bad sign. It simply means that they want look at the other applicants in the pool before making the final decision
Reply 4
For how long have you been waiting?

For me, they said it should take roughly 8 weeks for a final decision. I just found it weird, as they put my application into waitlist immediately one day after….
Reply 5
I have been on the waitlist for 4 weeks now excluding Christmas break. It is indeed odd that you were placed on the waitlist within a day. Hopefully they will get back with a decision soon !
Reply 6
I have been on the waitlist for 4 weeks now excluding Christmas break. It is indeed odd that you were placed on the waitlist within a day. Hopefully they will get back with a decision soon !

I hope so! Let me know once you hear back from them! I‘ll do the same.
Reply 7
Hi i applied for the same course as well! Has anyone got an offer for MSc HRO (international employee relations) ? I saw on reddit that someone (international student) got an offer for HRO but they didn’t mention which stream out of the three
Original post by AnonPsych
Hi i applied for the same course as well! Has anyone got an offer for MSc HRO (international employee relations) ? I saw on reddit that someone (international student) got an offer for HRO but they didn’t mention which stream out of the three

I applied for HRM stream. I am on waitlist for 2 weeks now. What status do you have?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I applied for HRM stream. I am on waitlist for 2 weeks now. What status do you have?

Same i’ve been on waitlist too (IER) right before their Christmas break i don’t know what’s going on with the management department, the offers are either rolling out too slow or the course is nearly full since they receive alot of applications :/
Original post by Anonymous #2
Same i’ve been on waitlist too (IER) right before their Christmas break i don’t know what’s going on with the management department, the offers are either rolling out too slow or the course is nearly full since they receive alot of applications :/

Yeah this is weird, or maybe they are just waiting to assess more applications at once.

For me they said the final decision should take approx. 8 weeks. Wbt you?
Yeah this is weird, or maybe they are just waiting to assess more applications at once.

For me they said the final decision should take approx. 8 weeks. Wbt you?

yes the waiting period is 8 weeks for the final decision for me too but it’s making me even more paranoid lol. One of my friends applied to some other course and was waitlisted for her 1st choice. Last week she was sent a rejection email. However, she’s waiting to hear back from her 2nd choice (MSc in management) for which she is again on a waitlist.
yes the waiting period is 8 weeks for the final decision for me too but it’s making me even more paranoid lol. One of my friends applied to some other course and was waitlisted for her 1st choice. Last week she was sent a rejection email. However, she’s waiting to hear back from her 2nd choice (MSc in management) for which she is again on a waitlist.

Haha, yes, I feel you. Hm, how long after her application did she receive the rejection?

[start]By the way, have you checked the status of the documents in the GAP? For me, the documents are 'Received - not yet verified.' Do you have the same status?[/start]
Haha, yes, I feel you. Hm, how long after her application did she receive the rejection?

[start]By the way, have you checked the status of the documents in the GAP? For me, the documents are 'Received - not yet verified.' Do you have the same status?[/start]

She applied super early in comparison to me around 22nd October. And she was waitlisted in second week of November.

All my documents are “received not yet verified” except for additional documents and fee payment which are marked received
She applied super early in comparison to me around 22nd October. And she was waitlisted in second week of November.

All my documents are “received not yet verified” except for additional documents and fee payment which are marked received

Wow pretty early...I hope she will get good news for her other choice.

Yeah, the same for me. If you get any news, please let me know, and I'll do the same.
Wow pretty early...I hope she will get good news for her other choice.

Yeah, the same for me. If you get any news, please let me know, and I'll do the same.

Thank you! I’ll let you know whenever the portal updates. Good luck to you too. Rooting for both of us :’)))
Hey, has anyone had any updates?
Reply 17
Hey, has anyone had any updates?
Nothing yet for me…This is taking so long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending