The Student Room Group

How hard is first year Uni

I'm going to be doing a CS degree and I wanted to know how hard Uni will be for the first year. I wanted to know because I want to resit my FM a level - purely because of my ego. If its going to be super hard then I don't want to risk it but if it isn't I'd really like to resit.
Reply 1
Original post by JaCey04
I'm going to be doing a CS degree and I wanted to know how hard Uni will be for the first year. I wanted to know because I want to resit my FM a level - purely because of my ego. If its going to be super hard then I don't want to risk it but if it isn't I'd really like to resit.

If CS is anything like my daughters physics degree, you will be too busy with freshers, societies, problem sheets, workshops etc. Her FM in first year was pretty much what she had learned in a level, but a little bit more advanced towards the end of first year. She felt similar, because it was covid year and missed out on exams, so she proved she could do it when first year exams came about (which she did). I wouldnt go having the the added pressure of FM resit, just enjoy uni and go out and smash it when exams come out next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending