The Student Room Group

Should I resit?

I got ABC and want to apply to mainly ABB unis. I will also apply to BBC unis. Is it worth resitting the C?
Reply 1
being only one grade below your target means you can reasonably apply for at least one, if not two, universities at ABB. at the end of the day you only need one offer, so unless you can only see yourself at one particular university (not sensible) and need to guarantee you're meeting the offer i'd so go for it
Hello!
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at coventry university.
This is all down to personal preference. If you wish to resit and increase your chances of being accepted into a higher university, then I say go for it. However, as you have stated you will also apply to BBC Universities, this is all down to if you wish to resit an extra year to head to university a year earlier. My honest opinion would be to apply and see what they can offer you, because in some cases some universities may offer you a place or something relative to your desired degree.
Unfortunately, there isn't much help I can provide in this sense, besides following your gut instinct and weighing up the pros and cons for resitting and/or going back and resitting your C.
Kind regards,
Courtney H
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
being only one grade below your target means you can reasonably apply for at least one, if not two, universities at ABB. at the end of the day you only need one offer, so unless you can only see yourself at one particular university (not sensible) and need to guarantee you're meeting the offer i'd so go for it

Ok thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello!
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at coventry university.
This is all down to personal preference. If you wish to resit and increase your chances of being accepted into a higher university, then I say go for it. However, as you have stated you will also apply to BBC Universities, this is all down to if you wish to resit an extra year to head to university a year earlier. My honest opinion would be to apply and see what they can offer you, because in some cases some universities may offer you a place or something relative to your desired degree.
Unfortunately, there isn't much help I can provide in this sense, besides following your gut instinct and weighing up the pros and cons for resitting and/or going back and resitting your C.
Kind regards,
Courtney H

Thank you. I don't want to resit so I will apply to just 1 or 2 ABB unis and the rest BBB or BBC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending