The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've read that a few years back the cutoff for interview was 115/150, any idea what last years cutff score was?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 21
Original post by ss12468
I've read that a few years back the cutoff for interview was 115/150, any idea what last years cutff score was?

probably best to do a foia
i got 2820 band 2, 99999888887 and predicted A*AA (hopefully A*A*A). i really wanted to apply to kings before I got my ucat but now I'm not sure if it is competitive enough as the average for 2023 entry was 2950. However I know Kings does contextual admissions and I am polar4 quintile 1 so I was just wondering if it would be safe and worth applying to kings?
Reply 23
Original post by ilovemaths28
i got 2820 band 2, 99999888887 and predicted A*AA (hopefully A*A*A). i really wanted to apply to kings before I got my ucat but now I'm not sure if it is competitive enough as the average for 2023 entry was 2950. However I know Kings does contextual admissions and I am polar4 quintile 1 so I was just wondering if it would be safe and worth applying to kings?

IIRC, the contextual consideration is for GCSEs, but you've scored the maximum 40 points for GCSEs as you've achieved 8+ A*s. Your UCAT is probably decent enough to get an interview.
Original post by TSRorist
IIRC, the contextual consideration is for GCSEs, but you've scored the maximum 40 points for GCSEs as you've achieved 8+ A*s. Your UCAT is probably decent enough to get an interview.

hi, thanks for replying. where did you see about the scoring of points for GCSEs?
Reply 25
Original post by ilovemaths28
hi, thanks for replying. where did you see about the scoring of points for GCSEs?

There was an FoIA and also shows the selection criteria in the OP.
Hi guys, I am non-contextual English applicant from an independent school. I have achieved 10 grade 9s at GCSE as well as a UCAT of 2970 band 2. I have predicted grade of 3 A stars in Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology. I was wondering whether I have a good chance at getting interviewed at Kings, would anyone be able to provide me with information about what people who previously got interviewed achieved.
hi, these are my stats and was wondering if id have a good chance at getting shortlisted for interview at KCL:
gcses: 999998877
predicted levels: A*A*A*
ucat: 2910 B1

x
Reply 28
Original post by Drcreamdonut
Hi guys, I am non-contextual English applicant from an independent school. I have achieved 10 grade 9s at GCSE as well as a UCAT of 2970 band 2. I have predicted grade of 3 A stars in Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology. I was wondering whether I have a good chance at getting interviewed at Kings, would anyone be able to provide me with information about what people who previously got interviewed achieved.

you are highly likely to score 125+ more so 130+ you score full points on gcses (40) and they give you points based on your ucat decile. your band 2 does give u 5 points instead of 10 but this is compensated by a high ucat. you will most likely get an interview :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 29
Original post by aspiringmedic24
hi, these are my stats and was wondering if id have a good chance at getting shortlisted for interview at KCL:
gcses: 999998877
predicted levels: A*A*A*
ucat: 2910 B1

x

you get 30/40 points for 7 A*s. your band one gets you 10 points and your ucat may be in the top decile so i think its worth a shot but apply to other safer options
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 30
Hi, I have achieved 2780 B2 UCAT, 9 9s and 1 8 at GCSE and predicted grades are likely to be at least A*A*A (with some teacher convincing). I have achieved an A in as further maths (idk if they take this into account) and was wondering what my chances of interview are?
Original post by bekaoncns
you are highly likely to score 125+ more so 130+ you score full points on gcses (40) and they give you points based on your ucat decile. your band 2 does give u 5 points instead of 10 but this is compensated by a high ucat. you will most likely get an interview :smile:

Thank you so much mate, may I ask what you are doing/ studying?
Reply 32
Hi, I have got 2800 B2
4 x 9s
4 x 8s
3 x 7s
Predicted A*AA
and i qualify for contextual offers
Do you think I should Apply? ( Would be my risky application )
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi, just wondering what a safe score would be out of 150 to apply?
Original post by reubenn05

Welcome to the King's College London A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7214351

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra.../medicine-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...y-requirements

Selection process: Generally, UCAT score accounted for 50% of the ranking, GCSE Individual and School performance, 40% and other widening participation factors, 10%. The UCAT score is calculated by multiplying their UCAT score percentile rank (compared to other KCL applicants in that cycle) by 100 with points added according to the SJT Band: 10 points for Band 1, 5 for Band 2, and 0 for Bands 3 and 4. For GCSEs, points were awarded according to the number of A*s achieved at GCSE (subject is not considered). Less than 5 scored 0, 5 scored 10, 6 scored 20, 7 scored 30, 8+ scored 40. Scores were adjusted according to the GCSE attainment quintile of the school. If the school performance sat within one of the lowest two quintiles, then we also counted A grades achieved at GCSE towards the A* count mentioned above. For schools in the 3rd quintile, each A grade is considered equivalent to 0.5 of an A*. For schools in the top two quintiles, no adjustment is made. Note that this scoring system is reviewed each cycle and may not remain the same.

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Hi,
I got 2770 in UCAT but a band 3, my GCSE's consist of 8A*s and I have three A*s predicted for A levels,.
Would it be worth a shot to apply for dentistry at Kings?
Reply 35
Original post by A06478484
Hi, I have got 2800 B2
4 x 9s
4 x 8s
3 x 7s
Predicted A*AA
and i qualify for contextual offers
Do you think I should Apply? ( Would be my risky application )

If u qualify for contextual u should also applied to the EDMP
I want to ask if my UCAT is 3060 and band 3, is that enough to get an interview?
Thanks for helping
Reply 37
Original post by joelee0977
I want to ask if my UCAT is 3060 and band 3, is that enough to get an interview?
Thanks for helping

What's ur gcses stats like?
Original post by bekaoncns

Thanks a lot mate!
Original post by TSRorist
What's ur gcses stats like?

I am from Hong Kong so I don’t have GCSES.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending