The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joelee0977
I want to ask if my UCAT is 3060 and band 3, is that enough to get an interview?
Thanks for helping

Are you classified as an international student? If so that makes it a very different situation.
Original post by Drcreamdonut
Are you classified as an international student? If so that makes it a very different situation.

Yes. I am an international student. Therefore I am struggling.
I am going to work hard on BMAT.
Reply 42
Hi. I scored 2870 Band 2 and have all 9 s and 1x8 at Gcse( so max points for Gcse) but am non contextual. At the open day I am sure one of the staff informally said the cut off was approx 2950 last year yet looking on here I am wondering if I should apply as I would probably be 8 th or 9 th decile so scoring at least 125 points? Please advise- am doing Bmat as well so will probably choose one Bmat university as well.
Reply 43
Hi I scored 3130, band 2 and got 9 9s and 2 8s in GCSE. I was wondering if kcl considers ps at all since id say its the weakest part.
Original post by Fil216
Hi I scored 3130, band 2 and got 9 9s and 2 8s in GCSE. I was wondering if kcl considers ps at all since id say its the weakest part.

i think personal statements are screened for the following things: We look for personal statements that are clear, concise and relevant. They should demonstrate and
include where possible:
Your rationale for medicine
Work experience
Shadowing doctors, voluntary work in healthcare setting etc.
Extra-curricular activities
their scoring process only includes gcses, ucat and sjt though, so personal statements are not scored
Reply 45
Original post by reubenn05
i think personal statements are screened for the following things: We look for personal statements that are clear, concise and relevant. They should demonstrate and
include where possible:
Your rationale for medicine
Work experience
Shadowing doctors, voluntary work in healthcare setting etc.
Extra-curricular activities
their scoring process only includes gcses, ucat and sjt though, so personal statements are not scored

Thanks! Also what would be roughly a good score to get from the system they use to apply with
Original post by Fil216
Thanks! Also what would be roughly a good score to get from the system they use to apply with

i'm not sure what sort of scores are needed, but from your stats you should get an interview
Hi I am a resit applicant
BBD
7x8 1x7 1x6
I have extenuating circumstances
2950 ucat
Reply 48
Anyone knows for the 2024 entry. the interview is done online or in-person at King? Am an international applicant.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 49
Hi there! how would you kindly assess King's interview chance? Would appreciate if you could confirm score calculation as well.
UCAT 3360 B1
GCSE 999999987 (with 3 sciences, 8 Eng Lan, 7 Eng Lit)
A Level Predicted A*A*A* (Chem/Bio/Math)
No contextual flags. Thanks in advance!
Reply 50
Asking for my son, planning on applying to Kings:
GCSEs: 8x9s, 2x8
Predicted: 2xA* 1xA
UCAT: 2790 SJT 2
No contextual
Would appreciate thoughts.
TIA
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi
Was wondering on thoughts about Kings interview chance:

GCSEs: 10x9s
Predicted: 5xA*
UCAT: 2830 SJT 2
Non contextual

Thanks !!!
Hi, I know this is not the right thread for grad entry but I could not find it.
I would appreciate any help or thoughts on my chances of being invited to an interview at King's for A102 and even A100 (I am luckily able to apply despite the financial implications).

GCSEs: 5x 9s, 3x 8s, 3x 7s
A Levels: A* (Biology), A* (Geography), A (Chemistry), A (Maths)
Predicted degree classification: 1st (Biological Sciences BSc)
UCAT: 3040 B1
Non-contextual

Thank you in advance.
Original post by cytoplasm420
Hi I am a resit applicant
BBD
7x8 1x7 1x6
I have extenuating circumstances
2950 ucat

hey I remember you from the keele application thread , sorry you didn't make it .
Reply 54
Original post by MariaAdj
Asking for my son, planning on applying to Kings:
GCSEs: 8x9s, 2x8
Predicted: 2xA* 1xA
UCAT: 2790 SJT 2
No contextual
Would appreciate thoughts.
TIA

I think it is risky for a non contextual as they seem to interview und the 2950 plus mark from what I have read
Original post by Mushimedic
hey I remember you from the keele application thread , sorry you didn't make it .

Did you get into keele ?
Original post by Shslini
I think it is risky for a non contextual as they seem to interview und the 2950 plus mark from what I have read

Would you mind assessing mine too please, scroll up
Reply 57
Original post by username5504342
Would you mind assessing mine too please, scroll up

I think yours may be risky as well. I went to the open day in the summer and they said they interview around the 2950 mark.
Original post by username5504342
Did you get into keele ?

no post intvw rejection
Original post by Shslini
I think yours may be risky as well. I went to the open day in the summer and they said they interview around the 2950 mark.

Did they mention which band for SJT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending