The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Hi all, I assume no offers we sent this week as well. So should we likely wait till April after Easter?
Original post by Vlgv
Hi all, I assume no offers we sent this week as well. So should we likely wait till April after Easter?

i dont think anyone has had any offers this week, and they could still come out today/tomorrow (i hope), friday is a bank holiday in the uk and im not so sure about easter (how they operate), but hoping itll all be done and dusted by mid april...
can someone phone them to ask
Original post by kagduiagsd
can someone phone them to ask

happy to if someone can provide the right number, it’s getting a bit annoying now haha
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/contact#:~:text=Phone%3A%20%2B44%20(0),newstudents%40kcl.ac.uk
This is a link to the phone number for general admissions office not just the med admissions office, i dont know if it would be better to send a message via the portal
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/contact#:~:text=Phone%3A%20%2B44%20(0),newstudents%40kcl.ac.uk
This is a link to the phone number for general admissions office not just the med admissions office, i dont know if it would be better to send a message via the portal

The general admissions office always just directs towards messaging on the kcl portal :/
can someone send a message for when the next batch of offers are coming out
can someone send a message for when the next batch of offers are coming out

on the portal
if anyone does end up messaging on the portal and they do update please let us know...its almost april, maybe should've expected it considering last years threads...
Original post by Spiaytah
i dont think anyone has had any offers this week, and they could still come out today/tomorrow (i hope), friday is a bank holiday in the uk and im not so sure about easter (how they operate), but hoping itll all be done and dusted by mid april...

mostttttt likely will not be done by mid April, in fact it might just get started then

offers run through into May very close to may16 deadline
what makes you think that
what makes you think that

historically speaking that is what has happened

not guaranteeing it but just saying its what happens

just look at their interviews, they started interviewing first and finished last lmao (idek if they are finished)

Im hoping for the best too, but not getting any hopes up
They said they would do it differently this year , Kings received backlash last year from students as they didnt send out rejections post interview , rather let the students get rejected automatically after the UCAS deadline.
We should be able to clarify this years process if someone sends a message via the portal
(edited 1 month ago)
They said they would do it differently this year , Kings received backlash last year from students as they didnt send out rejections post interview , rather let the students get rejected automatically after the UCAS deadline.
We should be able to clarify this years process if someone sends a message via the portal

Where did they say they are going to be doing it differently this year?
unlikely to get offers for a few days now I think
unlikely to get offers for a few days now I think

The day’s not over yet, offers usually come out around 5/6pm I think
Feedback from prior years seems to suggest that the Kings admissions team compared to other universities are very disorganised. If this is a reflection of what it would be like studying there there then I think sadly I’m not entirely sure this is the right place for some who may well be re-considering their options. Easy decision to make for those holding multiple offers which I appreciate not everyone will be in a position to do.

I think the Kings admissions team need to be more sensitive to the stress and anxiety faced by students through the entire application process. I appreciate that they want to interview as many students as possible before making their decision but making individuals wait for months after interview before a decision and leaving it to auto-rejection is simply inexcusable. For how long can they procrastinate!

I think it would make it easier if universities set a single date on which to publish interview outcomes for the same course to avoid what is an emotional rollercoaster and allow students to direct this energy towards the year-end exams instead.

I'd say there's not long to go now so hang in there and good luck to everyone who remain in this rat race...
Original post by tsr_medic
Feedback from prior years seems to suggest that the Kings admissions team compared to other universities are very disorganised. If this is a reflection of what it would be like studying there there then I think sadly I’m not entirely sure this is the right place for some who may well be re-considering their options. Easy decision to make for those holding multiple offers which I appreciate not everyone will be in a position to do.
I think the Kings admissions team need to be more sensitive to the stress and anxiety faced by students through the entire application process. I appreciate that they want to interview as many students as possible before making their decision but making individuals wait for months after interview before a decision and leaving it to auto-rejection is simply inexcusable. For how long can they procrastinate!
I think it would make it easier if universities set a single date on which to publish interview outcomes for the same course to avoid what is an emotional rollercoaster and allow students to direct this energy towards the year-end exams instead.
I'd say there's not long to go now so hang in there and good luck to everyone who remain in this rat race...

I completely agree. If a university is going to take longer than average to release decisions, I think they should be transparent and intentional about the timeline.
on kings apply it says from 29th to the 2nd admissions will be shut, so perhapsssss offers cld still come out during easter?
how can offers come out when admissions are shut

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending