The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yes they said they do take SJT band into consideration but did not give any specifics.
Original post by Shslini
Yes they said they do take SJT band into consideration but did not give any specifics.

Alright thanks, typical King’s giving little information.
Reply 62
2810 B1
9x9 and 1x8 at GCSE

Do I stand a good a chance applying to Kings?
Reply 63
Original post by Justapapa
Yes very safe to interview. Last year's cut off was 129.

My daughter actually had that 136 score 2 years ago. She similarly said VR and how some other ucat scores fell relative to crude bands didn't help her score, and so had similar concern. However ultimately it doesn't matter how the score is made up if well into 130s. It's difficult to have v strong gcses, band 1 and strong ucat, so hence why would view as definite safe to interview. (DD did apply there in end with interview/offer.)

Hi there. I was just wondering about last year's cutoff being 129. It says on Nottingham's website that they don't operate a cutoff score? I'm concerned now as mine is only 115
Original post by humo99
Hi there. I was just wondering about last year's cutoff being 129. It says on Nottingham's website that they don't operate a cutoff score? I'm concerned now as mine is only 115

it probably says they don't operate a ucat cutoff, which is true, as they use multiple factors to score an application. the 129 was from anecdotal evidence here on tsr.
Reply 65
is a ucat score of 2890 b2 good enough :frown: kcl is scary with the ucat

with WP btw
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 66
Hi my stats are 2780 Band 2 with A*AA predicted and 7A* at GCSE. I am not WP or contextual. Is KCL a good option for me?
Reply 67
Hi my stats are 2780 Band 2 with A*AA predicted and 7A* at GCSE. I am not WP or contextual. Is KCL impossible for me?
Reply 68
Hi, I am international student on gap year.
GCSE 10x9 + 1x8
Achieved AL 3A*(bio,maths,eng lit) + A(chem) + A* EPQ
UCAT 2990 Band 2.

Is it safe to try Kings? THX

Also how many are international students will be interviewed and no. of offer?
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi,

My stats are:
2900 ucat
but sjt band 3
and 11A*s 1A at GCSE
Predicted A*A*A*A*
Polar4 quintile 1

Would i still have a chance at getting an interview even without any sjt points or is it a waste of a choice to apply here.
Reply 70
The UCAT score is calculated by multiplying their UCAT score percentile rank (compared to other KCL applicants in that cycle) by 100

now that final UCAT stats are out, trying to work out my UCAT score - I know Kings decile bands will be higher but the question is how much higher?
Original post by reubenn05

Welcome to the King's College London A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7214351

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra.../medicine-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...y-requirements

Selection process: Generally, UCAT score accounted for 50% of the ranking, GCSE Individual and School performance, 40% and other widening participation factors, 10%. The UCAT score is calculated by multiplying their UCAT score percentile rank (compared to other KCL applicants in that cycle) by 100 with points added according to the SJT Band: 10 points for Band 1, 5 for Band 2, and 0 for Bands 3 and 4. For GCSEs, points were awarded according to the number of A*s achieved at GCSE (subject is not considered). Less than 5 scored 0, 5 scored 10, 6 scored 20, 7 scored 30, 8+ scored 40. Scores were adjusted according to the GCSE attainment quintile of the school. If the school performance sat within one of the lowest two quintiles, then we also counted A grades achieved at GCSE towards the A* count mentioned above. For schools in the 3rd quintile, each A grade is considered equivalent to 0.5 of an A*. For schools in the top two quintiles, no adjustment is made. Note that this scoring system is reviewed each cycle and may not remain the same.

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Hi I have 2850 UCAT band 1 and have 10 A*'s at gcse, All A* predicted at A level, Am I likely to get an offer at King's?
Hello,
Does anyone have an email that I can contact medicine admissions team by?
Reply 73
Hi. Is anyone applying to the Kings Anatomy Developmental and Human Biology as their fifth choice and if yes do they need an interview?
Hi, I applied to KCL this year and was hoping to ask if I have a chance.

Predicted: A*A*A
GCSEs: 11 x A*'s (including English Lang, Maths and Sciences)
UCAT: 2790 B2

I don't quality for any contextual factors (other than being from a state school, low household income and eligible for 16-19 bursary but I don't think that counts). I am predicting 3 interviews for my other choices so not too worried about KCL but would appreciate any replies :smile:
Can i still get an interview with sjt band 3 if my ucat score is 2900 and i get maximum points for GCSEs?
Hi
I am currently a medical student (1st year) but last year, I was in the same position as all of you guys!

I ended up getting an interview, then offer (which I turned down) for KCL.

I know how difficult it can be to prepare, ESPECIALLY if you don't have experienced individuals around you such as siblings/cousins/relatives/friends that were successful applicants. Point being, I would love to provide help for those that really need it i.e. contextual applicants. I enjoy helping anyway, and absolutely loved the interview parts of my application process. Please PM me, and ask me anything you want
Reply 77
Original post by stressedfingers
Hi
I am currently a medical student (1st year) but last year, I was in the same position as all of you guys!

I ended up getting an interview, then offer (which I turned down) for KCL.

I know how difficult it can be to prepare, ESPECIALLY if you don't have experienced individuals around you such as siblings/cousins/relatives/friends that were successful applicants. Point being, I would love to provide help for those that really need it i.e. contextual applicants. I enjoy helping anyway, and absolutely loved the interview parts of my application process. Please PM me, and ask me anything you want

Giving advice on the threads is the best way to help the most applicants and let them take advantage of your experience :smile:
Link to this year's interview thread where people can post questions
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=7390614
Reply 78
Is a GCSE A* = 8 & 9
Original post by Handd2
Is a GCSE A* = 8 & 9

yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending