The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

KCL or Uni of Manchester? I have offers for both and can't decide which to put as my firm (my insurance is a uni with much lower grade requirements). Please give me your HONEST opinion! Uni rankings are often conflicting!
Original post by kagduiagsd
how can offers come out when admissions are shut

I think they mean after admissions reopen during the Easter holidays not just during Easter weekend
Original post by student987637
KCL or Uni of Manchester? I have offers for both and can't decide which to put as my firm (my insurance is a uni with much lower grade requirements). Please give me your HONEST opinion! Uni rankings are often conflicting!

Honestly there’s a lot of things to consider. In terms of education I’m not sure but I’d suggest talking to people who are doing med at both and seeing what it’s like, also read their websites to see how they deliver their courses to see what best fits you. London is a lot more expensive like even if u have the full sfe chances are if you don’t get the KAAS it wont cover your accom nvm living costs as stuff in London is way more expensive. Also if u go out and stuff drinks and other things gonna be way more expensive than manny. Manchester does have an accomodation problem but my brother said it isn’t that bad as long as you get the right accomodation and it’s a lot cheaper compared to London. Honestly there’s so much to consider so talk to people who go to these unis and do some research. Hope I’ve helped!
how can offers come out when admissions are shut

mb i meant offers could come after these next 3 days during easter holidays
Reply 784
Original post by tsr_medic
Feedback from prior years seems to suggest that the Kings admissions team compared to other universities are very disorganised. If this is a reflection of what it would be like studying there there then I think sadly I’m not entirely sure this is the right place for some who may well be re-considering their options. Easy decision to make for those holding multiple offers which I appreciate not everyone will be in a position to do.
I think the Kings admissions team need to be more sensitive to the stress and anxiety faced by students through the entire application process. I appreciate that they want to interview as many students as possible before making their decision but making individuals wait for months after interview before a decision and leaving it to auto-rejection is simply inexcusable. For how long can they procrastinate!
I think it would make it easier if universities set a single date on which to publish interview outcomes for the same course to avoid what is an emotional rollercoaster and allow students to direct this energy towards the year-end exams instead.
I'd say there's not long to go now so hang in there and good luck to everyone who remain in this rat race...

haha that reminds me of the time the junior doctor I was shadowing (who also attended KCL) told me about an incident where they accidentally sent out the results to the fifth-year examinations a week early and then had to send an email to state that it was an accident and the exams hadn't even been fully moderated! KCL administration as a whole doesn't exactly have the best rep when it comes to organisation....
has anyone messaged on the portal to ask when offers are coming out
Original post by student987637

Hi
Did you get medicine A100 offer still we are waiting nearly 4 months
When did you heard from KCL
Original post by sa1f.ae
Honestly there’s a lot of things to consider. In terms of education I’m not sure but I’d suggest talking to people who are doing med at both and seeing what it’s like, also read their websites to see how they deliver their courses to see what best fits you. London is a lot more expensive like even if u have the full sfe chances are if you don’t get the KAAS it wont cover your accom nvm living costs as stuff in London is way more expensive. Also if u go out and stuff drinks and other things gonna be way more expensive than manny. Manchester does have an accomodation problem but my brother said it isn’t that bad as long as you get the right accomodation and it’s a lot cheaper compared to London. Honestly there’s so much to consider so talk to people who go to these unis and do some research. Hope I’ve helped!

agree with this reply, and would add only that the research opportunities should be equally good at both
they have in common being I think the two largest medical schools in England,
but someone can correct me if that is wrong!
Reply 788

Yes I asked them but they said they can’t give a definitive date and will just release the decisions once the interview score has been made available
what are the chances of offers tomorrow?
Reply 790
Original post by thearcher12
what are the chances of offers tomorrow?

I have a feeling a batch of offers will release this week since they have released a batch in jan and feb but not in march so surely by the first week of april, they should send out some offers 🤞

i was going to but didnt bother as its bank holiday/easter weekend in the uk so admissions office is closed anyways, was gonna send a message tmr morning
Original post by Spiaytah
i was going to but didnt bother as its bank holiday/easter weekend in the uk so admissions office is closed anyways, was gonna send a message tmr morning

do update us when you hear back
{{{{{{Dear those concerned,
I hope your easter break was good !
I had a quick question, that many others also expressed interest in finding the answer for. Do you have a date when the next batch of offers will come out?
We understand it's a very strenuous process, however (since, to our knowledge, no offers came in March), we were curious when the next date would be.
Thank you in advance, }}}}}}}
dropped this as the message, and will lyk if/when i hear back
I emailed kings asking about the decision timeline and they wouldn't specify anything except that we'll hear back by the UCAS deadline, and that they're sending offers/rejections out on a weekly basis.
I emailed kings asking about the decision timeline and they wouldn't specify anything except that we'll hear back by the UCAS deadline, and that they're sending offers/rejections out on a weekly basis.

are they though, are they reallyyyy
Original post by unfailingtruck
are they though, are they reallyyyy

Yeah I doubt they’ve been sending anything since the last batch in Feb 😭
Original post by TheOneAndOnly...
Yeah I doubt they’ve been sending anything since the last batch in Feb 😭

Someone told me that someone got an offer in March, but I dont know to believe it or not cuz like surely we would have heard a lil something on here or a group chat, but its been quiettt

they said the exact same thing to me, offers on a weekly basis, and offers can be given up until may, she did say sorry tho !...😒 i guess its js a waiting game
Frankly it’s impressive how they’re sending out offers weekly and have still managed to avoid every single person on this thread 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending